Harley Syn 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harley may have more than one supplier.

They have different part numbers in the catalog for US, Canada (Liter bottles), Europe /Latin America (liters) and Asia Pacific (quarts and gallons)
It may have to do with exports.

United States
62600005 SAE 20W50 – 1 Quart. $12.95
62600031 SAE 20W50 – 1 Gallon. $48.95
Canada
62600011 SAE 20W50 – 1 Liter. $12.95
62600030 SAE 20W50 – 4 Liter. $48.95
Europe/Latin America
62600015 SAE 20W50 – 1 Liter. $12.95
Asia/Pacific
62600021 SAE 20W50 – 1 Quart. $12.95
62600059 SAE 20W50 – 1 Gallon. $48.95

I'm sure they have different suppliers for different markets. I was wondering about the USA. I thought some one might know on this forum. Sorry I misspelled Citgo.

Last edited:
No matter what, Syn3 is overpriced just like everything else in a HD dealer. I refuse to use Syn3 in my bikes. I use Redline or Mobil 1 V-Twin oils. Cheaper and I know who makes it. I also run lower oil temps with those oils over what I saw with Syn3.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
No matter what, Syn3 is overpriced just like everything else in a HD dealer.

"HD" stands for everything is at least a "Hundred Dollars".
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: GMBoy
No matter what, Syn3 is overpriced just like everything else in a HD dealer.

"HD" stands for everything is at least a "Hundred Dollars".
grin.gif

I would have to say that goes for any dealer, not just Harley, automotive or motorcycle. OEM parts are almost always more expensive then aftermarket.

I say almost because as an example, I swapped out my OEM standard rear tail/brake light for an LED. The Harley LED was the same price and lower then many of the well known aftermarket brands and of course being Harley, install could not have been more simple, literally minutes to replace.
The Harley LED is also DOT approved, not so with the aftermarket.
Same goes for their LED saddlebag optional running/brake/turn lights.

Last edited:
Not sure who or whom makes HD oil but this is what I noticed when I went from Syn3 to Amsoil:
After 5k miles I went from Syn3 to Amsoil in engine and xmission. Within 50 miles I noticed engine ran noticeably quieter, cooler per my FP3 info on iPhone.

Last edited:
Citgo is owned/run by the Venezuelan Govt. which is a communist dictatorship. The previous dictator Chavez was making deals with Joe Kennedy to sell low price heating oil in New England to make the US and oil companies look bad. Since then I never buy any Citgo product. Even 7-11 stopped selling their gas because of the bad publicity. Just my little protest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back