Fram Pro Filters Date Code? (Pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've searched the site and the Fram date codes I see all seem to be in a different format than this US Made Fram Pro filter. Can anyone decipher this? I bought them on ebay to see how old they are.

(also note the metal debris on the end plate...)

Hard to say for sure, as it's not the typical Fram date code format. Motorking would probably know or could find out for sure.

Originally Posted By: car51
Made October 12, 2016

Do you know that for sure or are you guessing? I guessed that too but I'd like confirmation that's how the code actually works.

If the standard Fram date code was buried in there, it could be the 121st day of 2010. Not sure how long Fram has been making these filters, but maybe not since 2010. If that's the case then 10/21/2016 is probably right.

That looks like a Champion Labs date code.

PTR43-33010b.jpg

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
That looks like a Champion Labs date code.

PTR43-33010b.jpg

So if I read DuckRyder a pic correct it's december 23, 2014

Originally Posted By: KingCake
Originally Posted By: car51
Made October 12, 2016

Do you know that for sure or are you guessing? I guessed that too but I'd like confirmation that's how the code actually works.

I'm honestly not sure

Copyright date is 2015 (see picture #2).

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
If the standard Fram date code was buried in there, it could be the 121st day of 2010. Not sure how long Fram has been making these filters, but maybe not since 2010. If that's the case then 10/21/2016 is probably right.

Originally Posted By: JayhawkRoy
Copyright date is 2015 (see picture #2).

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

good catch!

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
Here is another Champion Labs filter (an older M1)

m1110d.jpg

So how do we read those codes? 10/25/11?

Originally Posted By: KingCake
So how do we read those codes? 10/25/11?

Looks like that's the date format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back