Dress up pieces under my hood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fedex box got here today. These will be under my hood shortly. The round lid goes on my bypass filter. I have a GM 3800 mounted tranversely, so the rear valve cover barely shows; this is the front. These pieces are polished and sealed aluminum, not chrome. Have I gone berserk?

This is under my hood currently:

Originally Posted By: Ihatetochangeoil
Have I gone berserk?

If you have to ask, then the answer is yes.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
Have I gone berserk?

If you have to ask, then the answer is yes.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks. My wife appreciates having her suspicions confirmed.

Originally Posted By: KingCake
i'd kill myself if I owned that engine bay

Don't see how you'd find the time.

the valve covers look really nice and substantial! how did you find them on their website? way too much stuff - and their search did not work for me...

Originally Posted By: Eddie
I really like what your doing. Show us the final results. Ed

Thank you for your kind words. I'm OCD enough to do that.

Originally Posted By: tomcat27
the valve covers look really nice and substantial! how did you find them on their website? way too much stuff - and their search did not work for me...

http://mirrorfinishpolishing.com/

Thank you. I don't remember how I found them, but some of the examples (photos) they have on their website make my stuff look like a country bumpkin, which I am. All the polishing place did was polish, the valve cover came from ZZPerformance. http://zzperformance.com/3800/engine/polished-aluminum-valve-covers.html

An old saying in the Hot Rod community: "If it doesn't go, chrome it."

And it's corollary: "Chroming it will make it go fast".

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: user52165

You are absolutely right sir. There's another saying "Chrome don't get you home, but it sure looks nice. Thanks for the humor. I have V rated tires and a few goodies on/in the engine. This ain't yer Grandma's Buick:

You are absolutely right sir. There's another saying "Chrome don't get you home, but it sure looks nice. Thanks for the humor. I have V rated tires and a few goodies on/in the engine. This ain't yer Grandma's Buick:

so you waste money on your engine bay AND you endanger the lives of people on the roadways. good job.

Originally Posted By: KingCake

so you waste money on your engine bay AND you endanger the lives of people on the roadways. good job.

I'm not on welfare; I sometimes work 90+ hours a week and I can do as I please with my money. My house is paid for and my finances are none of your business. Neither did I endanger anyone's life but my own on a lonely stretch of straight highway with a view of 5.3 miles at 3 am. Good job jumping to conclusions.

Neither did I endanger anyone's life but my own on a lonely stretch of straight highway with a view of 5.3 miles at 3 am. Good job jumping to conclusions.

You're asking for it.
Yes, you have gone berserk. You must have $200 in fittings under the hood.

My Buick's engine bay looks positively boring now
laugh.gif
. Your installations look professional, very neat and tidy. I noticed the headers, have you done any other performance mods as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back