Carquest Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep it was recently made by Fram then currently Purolator. If you come across old stock you can you tell by the date code fram put it on the side starting with the letter A and Purolator puts them on the dome starting with an F

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Yep it was recently made by Fram then currently Purolator. If you come across old stock you can you tell by the date code fram put it on the side starting with the letter A and Purolator puts them on the dome starting with an F

Thanks! Any way to distinguish then when looking at a cartridge filter?

They should still have date codes somewhere on them I would imagine under the same format.

Most of the old Fram stock should already be long gone unless you are in a store that is very slow or looking at an odd part number

I still find NOS Wix CQ Blue in smaller stores that were CQ before being rebranded as AAP n my area.

It helps that CQ discontinued my application's part number when they switched manufacturers to Puro.

Therefore if they have that part number showing in stock on-line it's either Wix or Fram, don't know until I go to the store & look at it which one. So far, Wix.

Originally Posted By: SavagePatch
... Thanks! Any way to distinguish then when looking at a cartridge filter?
My Purolator "Classic" cartridge filters that I bought in late 2014 were made in Fayetteville in November 2012, according to the code. That code is difficult to read. It's in incredibly sloppy dot-matix printing in a slightly yellowish tinge on the edge of one end cap. Newer Purolators of the same model (L16311) are a completely different design, and may be from a different factory (or country?). However, the current PureOne version is constructed similar to my old "Classics," except with different media. (Incidentally, they're also absurdly overpriced at $18 at the local Advance.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back