Lexus LS430?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
my parents had the timing belt and WP replaced over at the local dealership
what kind of dollars are we talking about here? from looking at youtube, this job is not the easiest one for home mechanic i.e. lot more involved than a typical Honda V6 timing belt job.

I am suspecting that every LS430 that I will be able to find on the market will NOT have this job done prior to sell and I will need to add that in the post purchase price budget.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Quote:
my parents had the timing belt and WP replaced over at the local dealership
what kind of dollars are we talking about here? from looking at youtube, this job is not the easiest one for home mechanic i.e. lot more involved than a typical Honda V6 timing belt job.

I am suspecting that every LS430 that I will be able to find on the market will NOT have this job done prior to sell and I will need to add that in the post purchase price budget.

The local dealership charged $1600 - they do the timing belt and drive belt as part of the 10year/90K service, they also replaced the water pump as well as the car was starting to lose coolant.

I've done one on my old car, an LS400 and it wasn't too hard. I could have done this - the hard and fast of this is to set the cams in the "service" position. Cam seals on these involve pulling the cams off but not disassembling the VVT-i drive gear assemblies.

thumbsup2.gif

This is not applicable to your LS430 but in general, how do they battle the rust? $17K for a 13 year old car is good chunk of money but if it can make another 10 years easily, then it would be worth in my book. Obviously, the question does not apply to your California car!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back