Found my way around AirWatch, want to help others

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have learned a great deal about AirWatch in the past couple of months from starting at an organization where an employee who was their AirWatch Administrator was terminated. While trying to figure out things, I looked online for any bit and piece of support/forums/help I could and found nothing whatsoever. I was considering starting an AirWatch blog to kinda help out those who may be in my shoes.

Since I see nothing of that sort I am curious if this is intentional by VMware...

Wondering, and this may be really left field - Could I potentially be bothered legally by VMware for creating such a thing?

What are your thoughts. Thanks!

People talk about different softwares all the time. However, if they sell support service, and you happen to get big enough for them to notice, they could raise an issue that you are taking away their proprietary business by offer support on their product.

So what exactly does AirWatch do? My company keeps sending emails prompting me to install it, but so far I am hesitant to do so. I guess I will eventually lose access to my emails on the phone without it.

Airwatch can keep track of where you are (don't be in a pub in work time), and if you lose your device or they want to terminate you will wipe the device.

Their device, their dollar, their IT and IP, their policy, then use Airwatch.

Your device, you access their IP and emails, they can require you to use Airwatch, but if it turns to whoop, you lose your stuff.

Your device, they pay you an allowance to keep your own device, and are expected to access work stuff, then that's another shade of gray.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back