Where is Humanity headed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see some perspectives on this topic. We went though a war, then a financial crisis, and now we face a global conflict with China and possibly Russia(Some say Russia is more dangerous), because of tense relations and geopolitical hurdles. There are also other facets of problems, such as incurable diseases (Alzheimer's,HIV/AIDS) that hinder society. These diseases have been around for too long.

I'm hoping we can just sit down here out of the way and watch it all happen, then fossic around in all the rubble and pick out some choice bits for the grandkids.

You realize that this will go political soon and get complicated and all that and then it will get locked out,,,been there, done that........

Search YouTube with the word "idiocracy". That's a window into the future.
eek.gif

Originally Posted By: SkyActivG
I'd like to see some perspectives on this topic. We went though a war, then a financial crisis, and now we face a global conflict with China and possibly Russia(Some say Russia is more dangerous), because of tense relations and geopolitical hurdles. There are also other facets of problems, such as incurable diseases (Alzheimer's,HIV/AIDS) that hinder society. These diseases have been around for too long.

Wonder what folks were saying in 1938?

The war they had been through was far more devastating, the financial crisis larger, the pandemics had killed more and the global conflict was already happening in Asia and Europe...

I was thinking about 1930 but you got it. WWI, the depression, Germany and Japan on the rise, all sorts of incurable diseases, the dust bowl and so on and cant even buy a beer to wash your troubles away. There weren't many snowflakes in those days though.

Originally Posted By: Astro14

Wonder what folks were saying in 1938?

The war they had been through was far more devastating, the financial crisis larger, the pandemics had killed more and the global conflict was already happening in Asia and Europe...

Exactly.

Our progress has been interrupted and set back recently, and we have profound challenges -- many of them existential -- that we could never have imagined in times past. But the general trend over the past several decades, centuries, and millennia is strongly and safely upward. As long as people more or less stay on their game, that trend should continue.

Didn't you learn anything at all in 6th grade history class? Your description mirrors pretty much all of human history. There have always been wars, financial ups and downs are the norm, and the "global" conflict that we face is nothing compared to WWII. Incurable diseases? At one time polio was incurable and entire neighborhoods were quarantined. Small pox was also a concern until it was virtually wiped out in the early 1970s. There will always be diseases that we, as a species, will have to contend with. Some will go away eventually and others will only be managed.

You need to spend less time in front of the television soaking up the negative garbage that the media feeds you, and get a real life.

Originally Posted By: RevelationLion
Where is Humanity headed? Open the Bible; it's going to be devastating.

That "infallible" book that's been rewritten multiple times in different languages by people with (control) agendas ?

Originally Posted By: Shannow

That "infallible" book that's been rewritten multiple times in different languages by people with (control) agendas ?

It's been tried and tested for thousands of years. This generation, however, thinks it's enlightened now and too sophisticated. The fall will be painful.

You know, today, I think I'll take my new rifle (the Garand I built) to the range, drive a V-12 car, get a nice coffee, and have a beer just to remind myself that despite the garbage, fear, and hysteria spewed from various sources (internet, social media, broadcast news, and "journalists" among them) that life these days is really good.

Medical science saved my life a year ago. Air and water are cleaner than when I was a kid. I'm married to a great girl. My children have wonderful opportunities. I've had wonderful opportunities. I've been able to travel and see the world. I've got technology and information available to me that even "Star Trek" couldn't imagine.

It's a great time to be alive!

Originally Posted By: Shannow

And yet, the truth of The Word survives. Which is just one more proof of its divine origin.

A little while ago, I'd have said, "Toward Wall-E." However, I don't see many fat people anymore (unless I look in a mirror). I see hordes of ridiculously buff people. So, who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back