I mixed Amsoil 10w40 DB and Motul 300v 4t 10w40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this a bad Idea, due to the Motul ester base? I had Amsoil 10w40 Dirt Bike in my Yamaha Raptor 700, but when I changed my clutch I lost some oil and did not want to wait for the Amsoil to be shipped too me. So I bought what I thought was one of the best oils at the Yamaha dealer. Is this fine? I mixed them 50:50

Last edited:
Ummm .. I would assume so, I say that based on nothing but there no doubt in my mind it is 100% fine what you did.

With that said, again, my personal thoughts, I feel you wasted two expensive oils, meaning mixing up their add packs making the oil something other then it is.
In that case I feel you might as well have bought a 5qt container of Walmart Super Tech (which is a good oil) for $12 which equals $2.40 a quart, at least you know it is formulated correctly.

Dont take my post as being a smart A**. Its just what popped into my head as I drink my morning coffee.
Really, you are ok with what you did, but no doubt in my mind that your mix makes the two oils less then what they would have been if they were not mixed.
Ahh, just re-read your post, you lost oil while servicing the bike, not intentionally mixing them, yes, you are fine. (like i said, Im still having my morning coffee but will leave the first part of the post anyway for ref..

Last edited:
I was pretty confident it was fine, but I started to think about it after the fact. I'm just looking for an honest answer. I'm not playing any games or trying to say I came up with some master blend. I just came here to get some creditable knowledge on the topic. I'd like to hear more. Thanks

his bike will NOT explode (who said thatÉ) and yes drink more coffee harley biker cause you all need to relax, his bike is fine with the mixing, the honest answer is nothing will go wrong, you are fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back