Dogs in WalMart

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZjeff

$50 Site Donor 2023
Is it only a southwest thing or do people bring their dogs into Wallyworld everywhere? I probably go in there once a week and every time I see at least one dog in a cart or on a leash that obviously isn't a service dog. The staff does nothing, I asked the receipt checker about it once after following a lady with a dog on leash into the store. He said service dogs are allowed, I said do you really think that dog that just passed you is a service dog, he said he didn't know. Dogs in carts in the grocery section really shouldn't be allowed. Yeah it's Wallyworld but still.

I see this every so often... Not just at WM, at nicer places too.

There was even a Seinfeld episode where someone did this.

I dont care for dogs on leashes being where I shop, with the exception of a pet store that has a specific policy.

People here take their dogs everywhere. Safeway, Costco, restaurants. I find it gross. Dog friendly restaurants are the new thing.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
I see it occasionally, but you do live in Cottonwood after all...

It's no different in Central Phoenix!

I see it at our nearby Home Depot. Don't usually mind but was nervous when my toddler and I met a pit bull in an aisle a couple of years ago. Have also seen dogs meet and one of them ends up peeing on the floor. Don't care for it. I have an old boss who a few years ago got really upset with coworkers bringing their dogs to the office. Totally understood his frustration.

After gender, civil and gay rights, I think we may be headed for an era of pets' rights expansion. It sounds bizarre, I know, but I think we've already started down that road.

Originally Posted By: dishdude

Maybe if you go to the Walmart on 36th St & Thomas!
crackmeup2.gif

I usually go to a Walmart in Gilbert (I live on the East side)

You can get a license for an emotional support animal or psychiatric service dogs.

I'm assuming most people don't have the license but the person at Walmart doesn't make enough to handle this issue.

I for one love my dog to death. He's my boy and I'd do anything for him. I originally thought I'd take my dog everywhere with me. It turns out I dont. I for one, also love my car and I cant stand dog hair in my car. Then, this fool of a dog who is an 85 lb GSD/husky mix, is afraid of children. That makes me nervous as I cant control other peoples kids and I have no idea what would happen should one run up on him. I have to believe there are other dogs like this and it makes me nervous. And I want to pet every dog I see. I just think people should think long and hard before they drag their pets everywhere.

Originally Posted By: dishdude

Maybe if you go to the Walmart on 36th St & Thomas!
crackmeup2.gif

I usually go to a Walmart in Gilbert (I live on the East side)

I went in that store one time! The $48 Valuepower battery was too much for me to resist. lol

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Is it only a southwest thing or do people bring their dogs into Wallyworld everywhere? I probably go in there once a week and every time I see at least one dog in a cart or on a leash that obviously isn't a service dog. The staff does nothing, I asked the receipt checker about it once after following a lady with a dog on leash into the store. He said service dogs are allowed, I said do you really think that dog that just passed you is a service dog, he said he didn't know. Dogs in carts in the grocery section really shouldn't be allowed. Yeah it's Wallyworld but still.

Doesn't matter if they are a service dog or not, if they start getting gruff for their animals, they'll buy a service dog vest off ebay and can go anywhere, no questions asked.
I have seen it done at a rave. I felt so sorry for the dogs; they were the real victim. Im sure they were out of their minds with all the people, lights and bass. People are gross.

I have a cattle dog (Arizona state dog!) who is with me everywhere he's allowed. Home Despot, Ace, Tractor Supply all are dog friendly. He's great with people and kids but not so much with other dogs he doesn't know. Maybe I'll take him into wallyworld and put him in a cart. Or on leash and let nature take it's course when the chihuahua challenges him...dog fight in isle 7, dog fight in isle 7!

I used to travel to the SW region of the US and that is the only place in my life I've seen a woman bring a full sized dog into a counter-serve restaurant with her. Highly inappropriate to mix animals and food cleanliness, but you could tell she wasn't the sort of person you told not to do something...

Are you saying that's expected out here?? Probably explains all the open carry I see there too.

Originally Posted By: AZjeff

Are you saying that's expected out here?? Probably explains all the open carry I see there too.
My dad worked for ABC Body Shop in Cottonwood and lived in Jerome. He said Cottonwood was referred to as CottonWeird. He said it was a very strange town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back