ACEA C3 where C4 is required?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Jetronic
but it seems they can't keep their oil inside...

Interesting fact ! I had a MY2014 Renault Clio with the 1.2 NA petrol engine (D4F). Leaked around the PCV from almost new. A Kangoo: gearbox slowly leaking on engine mount, causing it to fail almost early. That Koleos: pressure-side intake joints...

When I look at my parent's KIA (Sportage MY2014 2.0 CRDI AWD AT), no single trace of oil. Brothers MY2015 Mitsubishi L200 (2.5 DiD AWD AT), clean. 2013 Hyundai i10 (1.2 80hp NA)............ NO LEAK.

I work at a Mitsubishi/hyundai dealership so I have intimate knowledge with all the engines and garboxes you just listed.

None are Renaults, but I'd be concerned about the I10's gearbox mostly. The factory (are yours made in India aswell?) installed wrong size seals on the primary shaft for those boxes. I've changed countless seals. You have to dismantle the entire box as the seal is fitted from the inside.

the 2.0 is dry, but does tend to consume oil. Maybe that's why the sump was made so large? the Mitsu is not a problem, but be careful with the timing belt replacement, I've found especially thze ones with AT often have a broken balancer shaft belt by 120.000 km.

Ive now done 2*20000km OCI with store-brand 5W30 C3. It did perform better than C4 Repsol or Q8, especially in the end. Now I’ve got a good price on 5W40 C3 so Im using it for this interval. See you in 20000km

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back