2006 Mercury Milan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks, looking for an opinions on possible purchase.

2006 Mercury Milan Premier Edition
V6
75,000 miles
Very good condition

New battery/plugs/gaskets 2 months ago. No known issues.

Private sale and they want 5,000.

I feel that's a fair price. It's a little high was KBB says about 4,500. But considering low miles and great condition I think it's fair. Anyone know of any glaring problems with this make and model?

mom has a 10 fusion which rides on the same platform but hers has the 2.5L I4. make sure the trans shifts good and check the condition of the fluid. make sure there is no major rust on the under body. moms car has some surface rust but not 2 bad. also check the suspension, moms car just rolled over 102k and she needs all 4 lower control arms W/ ball joints. (one is bad and other 3 squeak)

Last edited:
The most I would offer is the KBB suggested price of $4500....that's the absolute most.

I agree with tig1 in that V6 and six speed transmission platform was great in my 08 Ford Fusion. I would buy the vehicle you are looking at without too much hesitation.

Yea I've scoured the web and from everything I've read it sounds like Ford made a really good vehicle with this one. A lot of people saying they are super reliable. At 75,000 miles it's a perfect mileage to get a transmission service in to because I don't think it's ever had one.

I have had a 2007 V6 Milan that I bought used with 28k, back in 2009. At 32k it needed an a/c compressor. Other than that, it has been one of the best I have had, with 83k on it now. I never have driven it in snow. Mine is still pretty much mint condition. The wife would like to get a newer Edge but won't let go of the Milan. I would buy with confidence if it shows signs of good care.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Are you getting rid of the Elantra?

No but I'd like to.
laugh.gif

It's a nice car and I'm thankful to have been able to afford a brand new car but the longer I own it the more often I find myself looking for what car might be next. The seats are not the best (my old car had incredible seats and it's the thing I miss most) and the wind noise is way worse. I think part of the interior noise may be the OEM tires. Not sure, soon as I have about $400 I'm gonna get a set of Pirelli's slapped on.

I'm waiting to see if Ford brings the new Taurus to the US. That's the last car I had, a 2010, and man I loved that car. But it was getting high mileage and I live in an apartment and don't have the space to do repairs so I sent it on it's way.

The Milan is for my sister.

Last edited:
And it's tiny. I'm 6' and 220lbs and getting in and out requires a bit of extra bending.

But that little 2.0 I4 and it's whopping 147HP does move that car pretty quick, even with my heft sitting in it, and even squeezes out about 40mpg on the highway.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Throt
And it's tiny. I'm 6' and 220lbs and getting in and out requires a bit of extra bending.

But that little 2.0 I4 and it's whopping 147HP does move that car pretty quick, even with my heft sitting in it, and even squeezes out about 40mpg on the highway.

I bet that Hyundai will prove very reliable if you maintain and take good care of it. Plus, being the only owner you know the service history.

Originally Posted By: gregk24

I bet that Hyundai will prove very reliable if you maintain and take good care of it. Plus, being the only owner you know the service history.

Yea I know. That was one of my reasons for purchasing new. I know I lost thousands in value the minute it was titled but being able to maintain it correctly the first time will be nice. My last 2 cars were used and I spent too much money trying to undo other peoples negligence. I've never kept a car longer than 3 years before but I've also never bought new so that might change this time around.

Did already have a recall though and I've only had it 3 months. Had to have the brake booster replaced. I know many people view recalls as a negative for a car brand but when you consider the scope of these operations and the dozen's and dozen's of suppliers from all of the world, something is bound to need adjusted at some point. I am just thankful that they didn't pull a GM and wait a decade. The service I received at the dealer was fantastic too so that helps. Dropped it off and within 3 hours I was back on the road.

Last edited:
I'm about to turn in an Elantra 4dr hatch It is brand new 119 miles on it. A rental Got some giddy up for a tinny econo-box. I don't mean that in a bad way either. Its a rocket ship compared to the 528e.

Throt,

The new Elantras are nice looking, no weird angles to them like some other cars out there.

Originally Posted By: andyd
I'm about to turn in an Elantra 4dr hatch It is brand new 119 miles on it. A rental Got some giddy up for a tinny econo-box. I don't mean that in a bad way either. Its a rocket ship compared to the 528e.

Almost anything is a rocket ship compared to your eta-powered Bavarian beast
lol.gif

P.S. dont' worry, I also had an eta e30 (325es)

Originally Posted By: tig1
My 2007 Fusion has been the best car I have owned.

Ours was too. That V6 is great and so is the Aisin trans it is mated too. It has a drain plug on it and really benefits from Maxlife ATF fluid. If you search on here in the ATF section, you can see my tutorial I wrote up. Buy it

Yea I've scoured the web and from everything I've read it sounds like Ford made a really good vehicle with this one. A lot of people saying they are super reliable. At 75,000 miles it's a perfect mileage to get a transmission service in to because I don't think it's ever had one.

I'm a ford fan but this car was great because it was engineered by Mazda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back