Honda Accord oil filter CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon BITOG
smile.gif

This FILTECH "made in USA" filter was off the co worker I mentioned in other thread. 2014 Accord base model with 4 cylinder engine and auto trans. 79,xxx on car and unknown mileage on this filter.

Put Pennzoil "gold" blend 0w20 and tough guard 7317 in and on

That's a very nice filter and rated for two intervals. So if the MM for one interval is 9k then that one can go up to 18k. At least I think Honda is still ok for two intervals. Kind of looks like an Ultra. Fram used to make filters for Honda so maybe they still do?

Originally Posted By: salcuta88
Is this the A1 filter? Looks pretty good. I'd have no trouble running it 2 OCIs.

I wanna say yeah, but not sure

Originally Posted By: car51
Is this the A1 filter? Looks pretty good. I'd have no trouble running it 2 OCIs.

Yes, this is the Honda A01 filter made by Filtech. The A02 is the filter currently in production and is made by Honeywell, parent company of Fram. Both filters will go 2 OCI's without issue but the general consensus is that the Filtech has a more solid construction.

Hey Captain. That filtech looks stout. I'd run one of them on my Altima any day. Good job as usual son.

whats that little read bead/ball in the 3rd pic towards the left of the filter inbetween the pleats?

Originally Posted By: gregk24
Originally Posted By: car51

Yes, this is the Honda A01 filter made by Filtech. The A02 is the filter currently in production and is made by Honeywell, parent company of Fram. Both filters will go 2 OCI's without issue but the general consensus is that the Filtech has a more solid construction.

As of a few months ago Fram is now part of Fram Group, Honeywell is no longer in the picture. They only have two brands "Fram" and "Autolite" according to their website.

http://framgrp.com/about.html/

Motorking referenced which non-Fram brands they currently make in another thread

"FRAM today only makes filters for Honda, Subaru, Polaris, Motomaster, and FRAM"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back