Tacky grease

Status
Not open for further replies.
What applications benefit from very tacky grease?
roller bearings/wheel bearings??
sleave bearings/bushings?
needle bearings/u-joints?
suspension components/ball joints/tie rods?

What applications benefit from non tacky grease?

a tacky grease is limited to your uses.

first off, grease is not grease. what I mean is, you have a tackifier in greases, but also have oil and additives in greases. some are tacky and others are thin. why is this? because they are used in different situations.
real thin grease is used for automatic greasers where you wouldn't use a thick of tacky grease because it would clog up the system.

I sell one company the thickest grease I can cause it is used to cut concrete and they have slurry. (that is water mixed in with the concrete) and have big diamond blades. in something smaller I , like a car or truck, I'd use a less tacker grease cause it needs a lesser tackifier so it doesn't rotate as hard.

depends on your application. The further north you are will affect your grease as well. the colder it is, the thicker the tack will be. so I would suggest a thinner tack.

personally, I use schaeffers 221 as it's an all around grease and being water proof, not water resistant, I would recommend that to most of my clients. I also sell the schaeffers 221 for my truck lube company as they use it in the drive shaft ujoints and on the 5th wheels on the back and well as any zert fittings they might have.

greases can also have colors in them and will not affect their performance.

moly is a additive, and will wash out and not be there as soon as any tack is removed. alot for people think because it is a moly grease it has to be good. how wrong they are! grease is made up of a lot of things and all are just as important.

hope that helps explain somethings about tack.
bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back