Good to be wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes it is good to be wrong. I will freely admit that I made a incorrect assumption about someone recently on here. I apologized as best I could and was very glad to do so. All I can say is that I am very glad to be wrong at times. I am quite far from perfect by any and all measure. I try to be accountable for being incorrect, wrong about how I say something, and the generalized stupidity that I can commit from time to time. In this instance it has worked out very well. Hope you all have a good day today guys.

You are a good man BBHero, I worked that out long ago, and none of us here are perfect.

BTW one of the things I like most about BITOG is the maturity displayed here. We all have our views, but we listen to others, and when called for, sometimes change our views.

giphy.gif

Originally Posted By: SR5
You are a good man BBHero, I worked that out long ago, and none of us here are perfect.

BTW one of the things I like most about BITOG is the maturity displayed here. We all have our views, but we listen to others, and when called for, sometimes change our views.

+100. There is nothing I respect more than when someone admits they made a mistake. Unfortunately you'll meet a lot of people that think it's a weakness and will remain ignorant until their funerals.

The centres of your brain that fire up when you experience physical pain light up when you have to rewire to accept that you are wrong...so most brains try to avoid it at all costs. (*)

Nothing wrong with being wrong and being better for it.

Nice post bbhero.

(*)

Got room for my 2 cents?

Don't know the history of this thread but I absolutely get the drift.

It dawned on me recently that on very few occasions I heard people correct themselves. You never hear it.

1) I remember Robert MacNiel (old News our host) saying the words, "Excuse me, I misspoke. I meant to ask...."

2) In a Star Trek episode My Spock says, "Captain, I was mistaken in my earlier assessment of this civilization...."

3) Ralph Kramden from the Honeymooners was good for a correction or two...from the heart as well.

Maybe in some of today's crybaby TV shows there's rhythm of "make up and break up" speech.

Originally Posted By: Kira
1) I remember Robert MacNiel (old News our host) saying the words, "Excuse me, I misspoke. I meant to ask...."

Is he the MacNiel Lehrer News Hour guy? That was one of my dad's favorite shows. Brings back a lot of memories.

Originally Posted By: JC1
Originally Posted By: SR5

+100. There is nothing I respect more than when someone admits they made a mistake. Unfortunately you'll meet a lot of people that think it's a weakness and will remain ignorant until their funerals.

You could be wrong about that.
09.gif

Last edited:
I appreciate ya car51. I try. Flawed and failed as I am I try. Shannow, SR5, wemay, and everyone else I appreciate you all a lot. You guys are very cool and I enjoy reading y'alls posts on here. And roofless... You made me laugh with that. I will tell you rooflessVW that you do a very good job with your posts on here. I always read your posts to learn new things as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back