What program reads .dxr file extension?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I've searched for the name of a file type.

It reads "ecd.dxr" and my computer says it can't read it. It suggests I go to an "app store".

I feel I've been down this road before when someone said a file was "winror" , or some such.

There was no way to take a next step. Nothing ever says, "buy this to read WHATEVER".

Where does one go to get a reading program to read a disc? Kira

Last edited by a moderator:
A .dxr file appears to be for Macromedia Director (now owned by Adobe). http://file.org/extension/dxr

WinRAR is also a thing. It's archival software — like WinZip or StuffIt — typically used for archiving scans of comic books and the like.

HTH <3

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Kira

Nothing ever says, "buy this to read WHATEVER".

Where does one go to get a reading program to read a disc? Kira

These extensions are created precisely to get people to buy commercial software. A program that could open "Whatever" would cost thousands of dollars just to cover the licensing fees, and even then it wouldn't open "whatever" because some companies won't reveal the information needed to correctly read their proprietary file format (Microsoft, for example, won't release the technical details for it's NTFS file system. There are hacks to work with NTFS on non-Microsoft systems, but they are due to reverse-engineering and are not 100% compatible. And that's just over reading and writing to a hard drive, not working with file types). The short answer is they want to ransom users to make money. So your Whatever File Opener app will never exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back