Springfield Gear Up Promo (expires 6-30-17)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a number of things that affect how comfortable and concealable a firearm is and the thickness is a big factor on comfort. The length of the grip affects how much it prints.

Another important factor is the holster, there are some really nice iwb holsters like the stealth core vent core if you want to save yourself the trouble of trying 10 different Holsters and go straight for a good one. It's expensive but worth it.

Another overlooked part of the comfort is the belt, I have a Hanks steel core belt and it makes a big difference keeping a firearm on your hip without sagging causing discomfort. Big foot makes a less expensive steel core belt if you are on a budget, the Hanks belt is $100 but also has lifetime warranty.

Not only is the belt important for comfort and keeping the firearm where you want it but it makes sure you can actually draw firearm if you need it. A saggy belt will pull up with your draw and sometimes keep the gun from releasing since the energy doesn't transfer properly into the holster.

Originally Posted By: KD0AXS
Originally Posted By: FFFEMT
901 Memphis- I apologize. I thought you were saying that the Mod 2 was just ok for a starter gun. I have the XDsc9mm, which has been my EDC for 3 years. Just got XDs 9mm last Friday, and going shooting tomorrow. I'm giving up capacity for concealment.

You know, I was strongly considering a single stack for easier concealment. I got to comparing the XDS and the Mod 2 SC and I just didn't think that little difference in size was worth that much less capacity. Then again, I'm brand new to CCW so maybe I'll change my mind on that and have an excuse to get another gun too.
laugh.gif

Up until now, most of my shooting experience has been on a Glock 23. That's the wife's gun that we got when she was going to school for law enforcement. She really likes this XD though, so we may end up getting another one for her too.

If you like a platform and it carries well for you AND above all, it shoots well, then don't worry what others carry or think. Remember, everyone's body is different. Dress around the gun you are most comfy with, not the other way around.

901 is spot on about getting a good belt and holster, you may have to do some experimentation though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back