Spelling is impotent!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny but I only watched the first minute before I got the point and got bored.

I always LOL when I see the typical wrong use of their or there, etc. Show how good our school system is. Epic fail.

Pronunciation is important too! When I was on the police department, an officer got on the radio and ordered the Fire Department for an "ejaculation". He meant extraction of course.

Originally Posted By: Artem
Funny but I only watched the first minute before I got the point and got bored.

I always LOL when I see the typical wrong use of their or there, etc. Show how good our school system is. Epic fail.

Even more pervasive is the wrong use of "then" and "than".

Or "ran" vs "run". Or "between" vs "among". "Between" the three
is wrong. Dividing three or more ways requires "among". The only things not is a woeful state in the public schools are the paychecks and the pensions. In too many places the new hire is related to someone on the school committee, or is part of a hiring swap...."you hire MY kid, I hire YOURS".. wink wink.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Or "ran" vs "run". Or "between" vs "among". "Between" the three
is wrong. Dividing three or more ways requires "among". The only things not is a woeful state in the public schools are the paychecks and the pensions. In too many places the new hire is related to someone on the school committee, or is part of a hiring swap...."you hire MY kid, I hire YOURS".. wink wink.

Exactly.

Get this: A professor who has taught physics, chemistry, etc. for over 20 years at the University level is invited by a neighbor (who teaches science in HS) to help the HS system improve their science courses so as to prepare students for college and university courses and to compete in the world.

The professor commits to the project gratis and the school principle approves.

Two weeks later the Prof. gets a letter that his services are terminated because this Prof. has not taken certain courses as required by the local Teacher's Union.

So, who controls the school boards, Teachers Unions or the tax payer citizens?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: redbone3
The pen is mightier than the sword.

Vs.

The [censored], mightier than the sword.

Ha Ha Ha !! ... "redbone" said pen is
crackmeup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back