Changing gears...TDI bought back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just did the TDI buyback and am picking up my new 2017 A4 tomorrow. After the 3 initial 10k on the 507 Castrol LL PRO I switched it up to Liqui Moly for the next three 10k oil changes. After years of diesel maintenance i am looking forward to retooling to maintaining a gasser again.
As 5W-40 502 is the recommended oil does anyone have a favorite flavor that in their eyes stands above the any 502 will do.
95% highway driving about 30k a year most racked up on 100 mile round trip to and from work.

During the test drive i was totally impressed by the new 2.0 engine and was surprised by the pick up from 30 to 70 uphill and the slight exhaust crackle between the lightning quick DSG shifts. To say I was grinning would be an understatement.

Any suggestions?

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Castrol Edge 0W-40.

Thats what i run in my sons jetta and its running like a top with 120k miles on a steady 10k oci.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dblshock
you know the boogermen LSPI & dilution?

This ain't a Honda GM. Move along.

There, I fixed it for you. To the OP, I would run Castrol Edge 0w40 and sleep well at night. This is what I used in the Jetta 1.8 TSI.

This ain't a Honda. Move along.

Odd , VAG has the worst and longest history of issues with DI.

Originally Posted By: Brybo86

LOL
Not really, but I would say it is worse that VAG had these issues in 1gen TSFI engines like 10 years ago, and now GM, Ford etc. are having exactly same issues.

..delusional about the the new expensive junk.

Aren't you the one with the Honda that's puking fuel into it's oil?

GTFO, troll.

Originally Posted By: edyvw

LOL
Not really, but I would say it is worse that VAG had these issues in 1gen TSFI engines like 10 years ago, and now GM, Ford etc. are having exactly same issues.

Hey man, there's no arguing with these clowns. German cars are the worst and their owners are idiots, haven't you heard?

Using Castrol Edge 0w-40 would definitely simplify the garage shelves a bit. Jetta and A4 on it and the 2016 civic coupe and transit connect on Mobil 1.

..delusional about the the new expensive junk.

Guy who drives Honda talking about junk? hmmm, only way that is possible is from its own experience.

LOL

and about 10 years behind Toyota, as they introduced their D4-S system around the same time VW/Audi introduced the FSI-turbo engines. It's questionable if Audi gave the A4 2.0 TFSI (and Ultra) the twin-injection system that is found in the 3rd gen ea888 architecture for the US/Canada market. It's direct only for the 2.0TSI & 1.8TSI in VW's.

sorry, got defensive with the blurting roofless fellow..everyone seems to agree on the Castrol 0/40 I even bought a jug..good luck with your new ride.

Castrol 0W40! Stay away from Liqui Moly. It is OK oil, but nothing more then average, at best.

Agreed

[img:center]http://[/img]

Not good at loading pics. Love the ride of this car. I've pulled three straight tanks of 35 mpg, all highway of course, so I'm pretty pleased.

Awesome!

19.gif
19.gif
19.gif
19.gif
19.gif

Odd , VAG has the worst and longest history of issues with DI. [/quote]
LOL
Not really, but I would say it is worse that VAG had these issues in 1gen TSFI engines like 10 years ago, and now GM, Ford etc. are having exactly same issues. [/quote]

and about 10 years behind Toyota, as they introduced their D4-S system around the same time VW/Audi introduced the FSI-turbo engines. It's questionable if Audi gave the A4 2.0 TFSI (and Ultra) the twin-injection system that is found in the 3rd gen ea888 architecture for the US/Canada market. It's direct only for the 2.0TSI & 1.8TSI in VW's. [/quote]

I do know that it does have two injectors per cylinder. I think one is DI and the other is port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back