KCJeep's got a new ride!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy BITOG friends. I picked up a "new to me" car and being rather excited about it wanted to share for fun. It's a 2009 Lincoln MKZ in AWD. One owner cream puff, only 76k despite being 8 years old. It has the naturally aspirated 3.6 v6, rated at 275 hp she will definitely scoot if I put my foot in it. I have never had a vehicle this "nice" and it is quite a bit of fun and I can see how one would get spoiled in a hurry.

Will be changing the oil today, I imagine the dealer put bulk 5w20 in it with a jobber filter that will never do. I don't run 20's and don't plan to run generic dino in the car either. Car seems to be well maintained and is clean through the fill hole, CarFax indicated it got regular 4 to 5k OCI's by the original owner.

Still have the Jeep! But will be commuting in this vehicle. I had my heart set on a new Passat for months, but in the end pulled the trigger on this. Spent less than half what the Passat would have cost me, and it is AWD which I really wanted but could not get on the Passat.

photo hosting sites

image hosting no register

Handsome car. Smart to let the 1 owner take the depreciation hit. Tires look o.k. Enjoy.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
... It has the naturally aspirated 3.6 v6, rated at 275 hp she will definitely scoot if I put my foot in it. I have never had a vehicle this "nice" and it is quite a bit of fun and I can see how one would get spoiled in a hurry.
Originally Posted By: Red91
Nice car. Sure its not a 3.5?

yeah, Ford Doesn't make a 3.6, got the 3.5 cyclone, rated for 263HP

my Uncle had the immediate predecessor to that model, the MY2006 only Lincoln Zephyr. Largely the same as the MKZ, except it had the Duratec 3.0, and Asin 6 speed, vs the Cyclone 3.5/6f50. if it sat a little Higher, i probably would have bought it instead of my sable, but it was too low for my tastes.

Last edited:
Thanks for the congrats! Sorry, yes it's the 3.5 I fat fingered it.

I am going to do an oil change today, it'll be 3,700 miles to 80k so it'll get a short OCI cleaning run this time around. It looks clean through the fill hole but there is some varnish on the dipstick above the normal oil line, so I will keep a "BITOG" eye on it.

OMFG, don't let tig1 see the original post. He will be along shortly to lecture you on 0w20 LOL! Screw it. Use 5w30 as we did at work and never a issue. Nice car
smile.gif

It takes a FL-400S filter correct?

Originally Posted By: car51
OMFG, don't let tig1 see the original post. He will be along shortly to lecture you on 0w20 LOL! Screw it. Use 5w30 as we did at work and never a issue. Nice car
smile.gif

It takes a FL-400S filter correct?
Originally Posted By: car51
Or FL-500S

depends on the build date.
before Jan 15(?)2009 FL-400s
after same date FL-500S

Nice car! I always thought those looked handsome. I'm not trying to steer you away from using 5w30, but if Ford recommended 0w20 / 5w20 there is no need for a 30 weight.

Fine looking ride there KC

After you get used to it the Jeep may only get driven once a month or so. Too bad for the Jeep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back