The Phoenix Rises...Who's On Board?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phoenix today at 2 central time, who is going to watch it with me? I watched a replay of the Xfinity race at two this morning, and thought it was a really good show. Lots of close racing and even some gear shifting for passes(Justin Allgaier).

I don't think I spelled that right.

I will be watching, next week I will be watching in person. I don't think there will be the level of shifting in the Cup race since they have a specific 3rd gear ratio they have to use to prevent that. Surprised they didn't carry the rule over to XFinity.

Seems I heard Kevin Harvick say(he was guest broadcaster) that the cup cars were indeed running different ratios so shifting couldn't be done. Too bad, it was cool to see JA jam it in third and get that momentum out of turn two, then blip it into fourth. Comment was made however that the longer turns three and four wouldn't allow shifting without over revving the engine.

JoLo had about the best first stage a driver can have. Kyle Larson was coming on hard towards the end of the stage.

Anyone else notice it is so hot that the wraps on the cars are starting to peel? I noticed it in the race yesterday.

If he can stay in clean air and in the high lane on restarts he's got a good chance. That's what won the race yesterday and appears to be the trend today.

Good to see Newman win, its been too long. He's a really good driver, as is Paul Menard, I just don't think RCR's equipment has been up to par the last few seasons. Looks like they're getting it turned around.

I was pleased with the result. I have always liked Newman, glad to see him win. And yes the RCR equipment hasn't been as good as it should be the last few years. The one team owner that I occasionally see hints at it. I am still up in the air on what driver to go for. Tony Stewart retiring made everything difficult.

Maybe RCR should form an alliance with Hendrick, now that SHR is running Fords. So far Wood Bros aligning with Penske and Furniture Row aligning with Gibbs have resulted in leaps and bounds for those teams performance. The spot is open....

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
I was pleased with the result. I have always liked Newman, glad to see him win. And yes the RCR equipment hasn't been as good as it should be the last few years. The one team owner that I occasionally see hints at it. I am still up in the air on what driver to go for. Tony Stewart retiring made everything difficult.

I don't think SHR would have switched to Fords if Stewart hadn't retired. I'm also surprised that GM didn't do something to keep Kevin Harvick in a Chevy. He's been their winningest driver for a few years. GM seems to be fading in NASCAR and IndyCar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back