MaxLife - Stinkiest ATF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is brutal isn't it? Kind of a nasty skunky smell to it. My garage will smell of it for some time after I use it.

No doubt - I used AC Delco and Castrol Multi - not bad.
But just used Maxlife and right when the bottle was open the funk rushed out and ...

I did two fluid and filter (pan drop) changes with Maxlife this winter. My wife complained about the smell pervading our garage, which was coming from the funnel I used. I finally wrapped the entire funnel up with Saran wrap to stop it.
laugh.gif
I've never had to do that before.

Me neither. Then again, fresh roadkill skunk doesn't bother me, at least not until I'm right on top of it.

I did keep some Maxlife in my trunk, after I did an ATF flush, but did have to remove it. I had cleaned up the side of the bottle best I could, but eventually the smell did get to me. Even though it was in the trunk.

I changed the factory fill ATF out of the Alero at 155k miles. If the end of human civilization has a smell associated with it in the memories of the survivors, the smell of that black, nasty fluid would in my opinion be pretty [censored] close.

Originally Posted By: Egg_Head
Maxlife is Chanel No. 5 compared to ACDelco supercharger oil.

Thankfully GM says M1 5w30 can be used in place of the supercharger oil
laugh.gif

valvoline cvt is nasty.
had a bottle leak a bit in a box.
shop stunk for weeks even after transferring the leaker to a jar and tossing the box.
worse than eaton supercharger oil.

I have used Maxlife ATF a few times and thought it smelled like sulfer. I figured Valvoline was using some type of sulfer compound in its formulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back