Maxlife ATF - can't find in Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't seem to find Maxlife ATF in Walmart anymore. Is it just my store or did they pull out from Walmart?

Same here.

A friend said he'd heard Valvoline started making a habit of moving in on Tire & Lube Centers' territory and Wal-Mart cut back on what Valvoline products they kept on shelves as retaliation. ???

Walmart did away with maxlife atf. I work in the walmart tle. We brought back royal purple and have have several new products replacing maxlife. We also carry penz euro now. We did away with most 40 weight oils. Im the one who usally has to order everything in automotive at my walmart.

Hi Dylan, this is unrelated but since you work at WM TLE, I'm curious why Walmart only has Douglas, Viva 3 and Bridgestone Ecopia available in-store for size 195/65/15. Since this is the size for my 2012 Civic and 2010 Elantra, it seems like it's a pretty popular size then, and more options would be available. Is there any reason, or are those tires just what Walmart promotes? I definitely understand the Douglas brand though.

Douglas xtra trac and viva 3's are our house brands and we most of the time have those in almost all common sizes. Those bridgestone tires are not something we normally carry. A custormer must of ordered those bridgestones and cancled there order so that walmart is stuck with those tires. Other wise walmart sorta works on what your want to order. Ask the counter person what tires are avabile to order in that size. Atd "american tire distributors" will usally have the tire there the next day if its local.

A local WM has 1 jug left on clearance...i thought about grabbing it since it is so cheap ($15), but my trans specs ATF +4, so i'll have to leave that jug for someone else

I was in Wal-Mart last evening and noticed that the MaxLife ATF was on the clearance shelf. They had two 2 gallon jugs left.

I guess it's being replaced.

It seems to me that the selection of ATFs decide to stock varies widely.

This goes for "all of 'em" (AutoZone, Advance, Walmart, local parts stores too).

Currently in No. NJ AutoZones Valvoline MaxLife Dex/Merc-LV is $2 off so a $19.99 jug = $17.99.

Originally Posted By: Kira
It seems to me that the selection of ATFs decide to stock varies widely.

This goes for "all of 'em" (AutoZone, Advance, Walmart, local parts stores too).

Currently in No. NJ AutoZones Valvoline MaxLife Dex/Merc-LV is $2 off so a $19.99 jug = $17.99.

I guess so, mine has nothing that meets Dex 6. Zero.

Maybe its just my imagination, but my local WM's seem to have cut back on the variety of fluids (brands, weights, etc) actually on the shelves over the last year or two. Same with all the filters. Still available for sale on their website; just not on the shelf.

The local Dollar General has Maxlife on "clearance", for the (regular) price of $4.50/qt motor oil and $5.50 for ATF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back