2017 Mazda Mx5 - RF hardtop WOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
This could be the best looking main stream sports car so far in this century. The flat rear deck reminds me of mid-engine beauties like the mid 90's Toyota MR2's. Hard top on or sporting the open targa top ... either way it looks amazing. Sharp from every angle.

I really like this thing.

Mx-5 RF rollout pics

There may be dealer mark-up to manage demand on these. Going to sell like crazy.

Yeah, it's pretty fantastic looking. I don't like convertibles much, so this is an improvement to me.

2017-Mazda-MX-5-Miata-RF-on-stage-side-rear-view-lights-on-660x438.jpg

Nice looking car.

But as the car appears to get bigger and more up-market I feel Mazda is leaving a void that was filled with the first generation Miata.

Perhaps, due to regulations, it is not possible to manufacture such a car these days?

Originally Posted By: expat
Nice looking car.

But as the car appears to get bigger and more up-market I feel Mazda is leaving a void that was filled with the first generation Miata.

Perhaps, due to regulations, it is not possible to manufacture such a car these days?

The car is nearly the same size and weighs less than the original. The price is also nearly the same, adjusted for inflation.

Originally Posted By: expat
Nice looking car.

As already noted, you're mistaken about the Mazda growing. This gen is very close to the original.

They are a great looking car. I always thought Mazda should make a genuine hard top MX-5. We got one in pretty early on and had it on the showroom. Probably one of the best looking Mazdas since the FD RX-7.

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
So whats the tallest person that can fit in that thing?! Too small!

Plenty of tall people (6ft+) buy Miatas. It's really only an issue for tall people if they need to wear a helmet.

More like the inseam measurement?
lol.gif

Apparently taking foam out of the lower seat back is a cure for leggy drivers.

I love small cars and would definitely drive this, but I certainly don't fit at 6' 0". Sat in it at the auto show and my leg/knee bangs into the bottom of the steering wheel when I release the clutch pedal. Moved the wheel and seat in every possible position but can't make it work.

I'm 6' 2" and I fit ok in the NB miata. A piece of fabric that hangs down from the top did touch the top of my head, though.

Haven't tried the ND.

If you don't fit in a Miata there must be many other cars that are too small for you also.

Headroom... Miata 37.4..... Camry 38.4..... Dodge Charger with moonroof 36.9
Legroom .............. 43.1.................41.6......................................................41.6

Maybe it just feels smaller.

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
So whats the tallest person that can fit in that thing?! Too small!

It really depends on how they are built. I'm 5'11" but am tall from the waist up. So I can get my legs in them, as they are short, but the first generation car, part of my head is above the windshield
smile.gif

Later cars are better for me.

But it's not just how tall you are, it's where you get that height.

Someone with the opposite issue may not be able to get their legs in the car as there is a limit to the seat travel....

Agree, that is a great looking car. It looks like a power targa top. Now if they'd only drop the Speed3 engine in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back