CK-4 oil okay to use in 7.3 powerstroke and IDI??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: claluja
Thanks for posting that. Good info. Wonder why Delvac 1 isn't on that list?

Delvac 1 ESP 5w-40 was never on their list. Delvac 1 LE 5w-30, the low phosphorus E6 product, was on the previous iteration of their list. You can still see that approval on the Delvac 1 LE 5w-30 TDS.

I think he was referring to the Product Guide list?

The Product Guide is for all the Mobil 1 oils. The Delvac 1, and all the Delvac oils, are Mobil's Heavy Duty Engine Oils, made for the commercial and heavy duty markets. It is a different division of Mobil.
I think that is why Delvac 1 isn't on there. The Product Guide lists just the Mobil 1 oils.

Originally Posted By: njohnson
I think he was referring to the Product Guide list?

The Product Guide is for all the Mobil 1 oils. The Delvac 1, and all the Delvac oils, are Mobil's Heavy Duty Engine Oils, made for the commercial and heavy duty markets. It is a different division of Mobil.
I think that is why Delvac 1 isn't on there. The Product Guide lists just the Mobil 1 oils.

Got it. Thanks.

What I am taking away from all the Ford vs CK-4 issue is this... if every other major diesel OEM has no issue with CK-4, and CK-4 oils have been used for a while in the real world by real folks and has not shown to be inferior in any way to previous specs, then for Ford to have an issue with CK-4 in their engines, that must mean that Ford is be building an inferior product that should be avoided.

Originally Posted By: njohnson

While there is M1 TDT 5w-40 as a consumer grade alternative to Delvac 1 ESP 5w-40, there is no comparable product for other viscosities. Any 15w-40 or 10w-30 is simply Delvac. And, of course, fleets, too, operate these engines. And yes, the phosphorus list is, unfortunately, incomplete.

I was pointing out that Delvac 1 LE 5w-30 had their previous certification, and it's still on the Delvac 1 LE 5w-30 TDS, all the while Ford is waving their arms about phosphorus all of a sudden. I suspect TiredTrucker is right. The only ones claiming the skies are falling is Ford, and they way they do so makes so little sense, it's not even funny.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back