grease on pistol slide ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest advocates of grease applied to slides comes from the 1911 crowd - what are you running on your slides ?
Originally Posted By: totegoat
I'll just keep shooting my 1911's while u-all are greasing yours. Have fun.

Originally Posted By: ChrisD46
The biggest advocates of grease applied to slides comes from the 1911 crowd - what are you running on your slides ?

I've used a bit of slide glide for years, works great paired up with a decent lube. Even used....(gasp) the Frog Lube paste on a Les Baer. Somehow magically circumvented the reported wall of slime through god knows how many IDPA matches.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: ChrisD46
Originally Posted By: totegoat
I'll just keep shooting my 1911's while u-all are greasing yours. Have fun.

After cleaning with Hoppe's #9, a light touch of Lucas Gun Oil till my sample runs out, then back to REM Oil.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
When that tube runs dry around 2020, I'll buy the syringed Shooter's Choice Synthetic, High-Tech Gun Grease.

I have a VERY strong suspicion that Shooters choice gun grease is nothing more than #2 red wheel bearing grease. It looks the same, smells the same, feels the same, etc. I do love the syringe that it comes with though. In fact, when my syringe ran empty, I refilled it with Wal-Mart brand wheel bearing grease. Appears to be the same stuff to me...

If its actually synthetic, perhaps they use Mobil 1 wheel bearing grease???

If you go that route - try Lucas Red 'N Tacky grease as there are some good reviews of it used with guns .
Originally Posted By: bubbatime
Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
When that tube runs dry around 2020, I'll buy the syringed Shooter's Choice Synthetic, High-Tech Gun Grease.

I have a VERY strong suspicion that Shooters choice gun grease is nothing more than #2 red wheel bearing grease. It looks the same, smells the same, feels the same, etc. I do love the syringe that it comes with though. In fact, when my syringe ran empty, I refilled it with Wal-Mart brand wheel bearing grease. Appears to be the same stuff to me...

If its actually synthetic, perhaps they use Mobil 1 wheel bearing grease???

It's possible that Mobil-1 is the proprietary ingredient Bubba.
I secured a plastic syringe yesterday from bro-in-law. It once contained Pro-Shot Grease. I will refill it with my Superlube.... probably jam it in there with a ink-gel retractable pen I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back