Blizzard headed to New England for Tue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything around here is closed, the malls, stores, my work closed preemptively yesterday,my roommate works at a grocery store and even they are closing early. This is probably the worst storm I've ever seen. They cancelled our winter storm warning and are now under Blizzard warning as well, and our forecast got raised from 12-18 to 18-24".

Fun times.

We ended up with about 8", kinda disappointing actually. Did the initial snow-blowing at 6am and went back out at 8am. It had melted a little bit and turned into a slushy mess. Only casualty is the gutter on the backside of the garage.

Clearing off the S10 and Expedition was not fun and the S10 is gonna have to sit there till I can get it running again.

20170314_080542_zpsldnegfse.jpg

Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh
Originally Posted By: JustinH
Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh
Originally Posted By: JustinH
Stay safe everybody, my wife is flying back from Buffalo to Texas on Tuesday morning.

We are hoping she gets out of dodge before the flights start to cancel.

Weather got pretty darn cold and wet here as well, lower 40's right now. Had to run the gas furnace this morning.

It's not hitting Buffalo for the most part. Just colder than average here...

They are calling for 12-18 inches of snow across the Buffalo area. Not a big deal for Buffalo snow removal teams, but southwest may see something that I have not.

Yeah, closer to the 12" mark and that's spread out over 2-3 days, and probably less by the airport. But yeah, I'd get out just because of the other airports all over the Northeast having cancellations and grief...

The Buffalo-Niagara Int'l Airport set a record for snowfall at 7.2". Not shocking but respectable, but pales in comparison to the St. Paddy's Day storm of 1936 that dumped 20" of heavy, wet snow here: http://www.forgottenbuffalo.com/forgottenbflofeatures/buffalosnow.html

Most schools here closed for the day and there was a lot of chagrin as it seemed to be a massive overreaction for an area used to snow and getting it out of the way...

26" here in the southern Adirondacks. It was mainly light, fluffy snow so the blower had zero issues. Car didn't fare so well though, and the plows had a hard time keeping up. First time in 10 years I wasn't able to get to where I needed to go with 4 snow tires. There was well over a foot on the main roads at one point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back