Leaf Blower Not running?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have a leaf blower(Poulan Pro PBV 200), recently picked up used and not running but it looks in great condition. Spark plug looks almost new too.

It's a gas one. Few questions and please forgive my ignorance too:

1-I cleaned up everything but no luck, starting it up. It was a bit chilly yesterday too. Can weather impact it?

2-Used Super Tech Universal 2 Cycle oil in bluish color for mixing with gas in right ratio. Can I use any other oil for mixing too?

3-There's a round black color thing with a tube hanging in the gas tank, not sure what that it? Fuel filter or?

Any other tips would be greatly appreciated too. Thanks

Should run without issue. Did you prime it? Did the bulb fill? First thing I think of is hoses that crack or collapse.

Try priming it a few more squirts after it sits for awhile. Are you using old gas that lost volatility? Maybe the previous owner varnished up the carb?
Maybe it was a POS since new. Poulan hasn't had the best reputation in the past.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Should run without issue. Did you prime it? Did the bulb fill? First thing I think of is hoses that crack or collapse.

Yeah, so bulb is full with bluish or dark colored gas/oil mixture.

Yeah, I pressed the bulb at least 8-10 times and sometimes even more.

Which hoses? I can see 2 lines going into the carb and both are intact.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Try priming it a few more squirts after it sits for awhile. Are you using old gas that lost volatility? Maybe the previous owner varnished up the carb?
Maybe it was a POS since new. Poulan hasn't had the best reputation in the past.

I poured fresh gas and 2 cycle oil yesterday. Cleaned up all the possible areas with carb cleaner.

depending on how old the blower is, it probably needs the carb rebuilt.....I have a poulan that would not start.....ordered a carb kit and after the third pull, cranked right off...........

Connect the plug to your lawnmower spark plug wire and pull it to check it on something known to work

In order,
Pull cord to guesstimate if it has some kind of compression , if you feel decent resistance proceed
check for spark, clean off plug
Spray a little starter fluid into air intake/filter if it pops you have a carb problem

Reclean carb by completely dismantling it and spraying cleaner in all passages use a BBQ brush bristle to manually poke though all orifices.

100% carb problem I think you need to clean carb better

Last edited:
99% carb problem... Order new diaphragms...

0,5% for clogged muffler...

And last 0,5% goes for possible air leak (test it with wd40)

I am still trying to find the manual. I have a feeling there's some kill switch or something.

I cleaned whole carb, all orifices are clean and free from debris. All diaphrams look good too.

I don't feel too much resistance when I pull the cord. So far I have tried a billion times and no luck.

I have a orange one from H/D started running weak then tough to start..was a plugged exhaust.

Originally Posted By: dblshock
I have a orange one from H/D started running weak then tough to start..was a plugged exhaust.

Should I drop little bit of gas or carb cleaner in spark plug hole and see if it fires up? Or try to clean the exhaust ports?

This is my 'first' leaf blower and I am about to lose my shoulder, because of 1 million pulls
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: maverickfhs
Originally Posted By: dblshock

Should I drop little bit of gas or carb cleaner in spark plug hole and see if it fires up? Or try to clean the exhaust ports?

This is my 'first' leaf blower and I am about to lose my shoulder, because of 1 million pulls
crackmeup2.gif

Muffler is screwed with 2-4 bolts...its 5-10minutes job...

When you will unscrew that muffler look inside the exhaust port if piston is scored...

That can happen due to unproper carburetor settings or stale 2stroke mix or because previous owner didnt add oil to the gas...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back