Force India's New Livery

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was a joke at first, but I think it'll grow on me. At least it will be easy to see. The Quaker State logo is still there.

9cb0e200031aa8e487b8187caa8fe1c6.jpg

Where's the Pepto Bismol logo? Just kidding, it will grow on me too...i guess.
sick.gif

I know, I know I can Google it myself but, in a nutshell, what industries does Force India represent or is it simply a racing team?

Does this class of racing force them to buy an established drivetrain? Kira

Is this more of that breast cancer stuff? I get the fact their cause is noble, and all of that. I'm just getting so sick of seeing pink on everything. Now we have to look at this for a solid year? Geezze!

Pink looks to be a secondary corporate color of BWT (aka 'Best Water Technology') beyond a few different shades of blue, but for a water technology company as a primary sponsor, pink is an odd choice for a car livery. Kinda cool actually.

I could look at 1,000 F1 paint schemes, and that would be the absolute LAST one I would pick. Who comes up with this kind of nonsense, a color blind Mr. Magoo? A paint job on a F1 car no doubt costs an ungodly fortune to create. Just like everything else involved in that sport. It should capture you. Not "grow" on you. A wart grows on you.

Certainly will be visible on the track. A bit off topic but, I miss the shriek of the F1 cars from a few years ago, before the hybrid drivetrains. Those engines winding out to something like 19000 rpm, especially when heard from the on-car cameras, was pretty exciting.

Originally Posted By: Garak
I think McLaren needs the Pepto Bismol sponsorship this year. They could even make some pretty interesting commercials.
wink.gif

Haha... Touche'!!!!

I'd be willing to bet you are looking at one expensive self propelled billboard where the cost of space for a logo would stagger the imagination.

I would also like to be able to send an oil sample to one of those portable labs the teams use at track side during testing and practice.

Originally Posted By: Trav
The first thing that caught my eye aside from the pink color is the Jaguar D type fin.

Constructors are complaining about the fins, yet they all have them now. Go figure.

Kira: It's owned by Vijay Mallya and some business partners in India. I believe it used to be the old Spyker team. They buy their engines from Mercedes. Ferrari, Renault, and Honda also make engines this year.

OneEyeJack: They say if the logo is small but visible on an F1 car at normal viewing angles, it likely costs you 7 figures to get it there.

Originally Posted By: carviewsonic
Those engines winding out to something like 19000 rpm, especially when heard from the on-car cameras, was pretty exciting.

The soundtrack when Alonso in the V10 Renault battled Massa in the V10 Ferrari - better than any music
smile.gif

Practice 1: Thursday, March 23, 9 p.m.-10:30 p.m. ET (digital only)
Practice 2: Friday, March 24, 1 a.m.-2:30 a.m. ET (NBCSN)
Practice 3: Friday, March 24, 11 p.m.-12 a.m. ET (digital only)
Qualifying: Saturday, March 25, 2 a.m.-3:30 a.m. ET (NBCSN)
Race: Sunday, March 26, 12 a.m.-3:30 a.m. ET (NBCSN)

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal

Practice 1: Thursday, March 23, 9 p.m.-10:30 p.m. ET (digital only)
Practice 2: Friday, March 24, 1 a.m.-2:30 a.m. ET (NBCSN)
Practice 3: Friday, March 24, 11 p.m.-12 a.m. ET (digital only)
Qualifying: Saturday, March 25, 2 a.m.-3:30 a.m. ET (NBCSN)
Race: Sunday, March 26, 12 a.m.-3:30 a.m. ET (NBCSN)

THANKS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back