Mobile Base for Stationay Power Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to put my drill press and table saw on mobile bases that I can push around. Does anyone have any recommendations?

My Delta tablesaw has been on a Delta mobile base for about 20 years now. Still moves smoothly when I need it to, and remains stable and locked in place when not up on the casters. I don't think you can go wrong with the OE accessories for your power tools.

Which saw and drill press do you have?

Last edited:
They are older Craftsman from the 60s and 70s.

Originally Posted By: ET16
I want to put my drill press and table saw on mobile bases that I can push around. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Yes. Use your drill press and table saw to build yourself some mobile bases for your drill press and table saw.

My drill press is a floor stander and remains thus. The TS however is on a custom cabinet I built many years ago. I built the plan found in ShopNotes. There are many more plans available now vs. the early 90's.

If you just want "wheels", then build a shallow drawer your TS "feet" will sit inside and locate the wheels right below the feet. Use a large dia. polyU "tire" for ease of movement and to prevent hanging up on floor debris, expansion cracks, etc.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Originally Posted By: ET16

Yes. Use your drill press and table saw to build yourself some mobile bases for your drill press and table saw.

3/4" plywood, glue and screws, and YouTube and you can make anything. I have been watching a guy who builds wooden band saws.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back