Got A New Flashlight...

$20 with free shipping from Amazon.

However, so far I am not that impressed. Maybe it's the neutral tint, but the light output in high mode (rated at 252 lumen) seems weaker than my JetBeam Jet-1MK which is rated at 150 lumen. The low/moonlight mode is so low, it's not really usable, IMO. Also, it's supposed to be able to tail stand. Mine seems to wobble a lot. When I put on the included diffuser cap, it tips over.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Is it stainless or titanium or the aluminum?

Alu

Quote:
why are you still buying AA lights especially if they are not the smallest ones?

I wanted an AA light with a long runtime low mode, but this one's low mode is a just a little too low for my liking.
smile.gif

Quote:
Return that $20 back to Amazon and go for this one
http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_271697.html

Do you own this one? If so, do you have the natural white or cool white version?

I have natural white gray one. It is currently my favorite light. It is tiny and somewhat delicate. I had a DQG AAA which broke. If you want tough as nail light, then you can't have DQG ones!
Most of my new lights are either Neutral or Warm. I can no longer stand cool white any more.

I like the neutral white on my Convoy S2+, but the neutral white on this Thrunite T10 is just meh... I'm sending it back.

In general, I like neutral for indoors, but for outdoors I don't mind cool white. Right now I'm looking for an inexpensive 18650 thrower, possibly Convoy C8.

I really like my Convoy S2+ lights. I love that you can disable the strobe/SOS modes and it has a proper last mode memory. I've purchased a bunch of cheap ebay lights, most of them are ok, but like was mentioned above, I've grown up to warmer CCT lights. Some of the cheap lights I bought were just pure junk, cold blue white, finicky switches, etc. I still have some cheap ones, but won't be buying any more.

s2+ are nice.
got a few extras $8.99 on sale at banggood.
got a bag of 7135 regulators to bump up a few of them.
these can be bought as a empty host to build it yourself to your specs.
but when they suddenly come up ready to go for $8.99 its hard to not grab a bunch.
Originally Posted By: EdwardC
I really like my Convoy S2+ lights. I love that you can disable the strobe/SOS modes and it has a proper last mode memory. I've purchased a bunch of cheap ebay lights, most of them are ok, but like was mentioned above, I've grown up to warmer CCT lights. Some of the cheap lights I bought were just pure junk, cold blue white, finicky switches, etc. I still have some cheap ones, but won't be buying any more.

I bought a few of these for use around the house and car. Build quality seems G+. Really bright, 2 cells last much longer than one and the usual 3 levels of output. Sure, the batteries are probably counterfeit so I ordered real ones off Amazon ($4.50 ea)
Flashlight (LINK)
$9.00 Flashlight, charger, batteries and free shipping!

Last edited:
I recently got into using head lamps, have a Black Diamond Storm. Highish output and its great because it's hands free. They have a new one out with even higher output.

Originally Posted By: Piston_slap
Sure, the batteries are probably counterfeit so I ordered real ones off Amazon ($4.50 ea)

Hopefully you bought protected cells.

The counterfeit batteries are sometimes just lesser cells relabeled.

Just dont charge them unattended unless its on concrete.

I picked up
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JE329YO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

for 8.99 the other day and its got a really nice wide beam (it will focus)

Seems quite nice for $9

The light lasted over an hour on high so battery seems to be not be a dud.

I'd estimate it at 500 lumens.. I dont think its close to the 800 they suggest.

I swear, this switch has a mind of its own. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. But when it does, it's a nice little light. Incredibly compact for an 18650 body.

DSC_8042.jpg

+1 about the bottom
But as I said before, it is little finnicky. Changing brightness levels while on is game of chance. I use it on low and if I want more, it is straight turbo time by double clicking!

I got 2 Duracell 3C cell LED flashlights from Cosco on the cheap a few years ago, they are still holding up well and the batteries last a long time, no complaints.

Changing brightness levels while on is game of chance.

That actually works pretty well for me. Once the light is on, just hold down the switch button and it'll keep cycling through the 3 modes until you let go.

if I want more, it is straight turbo time by double clicking!

Sadly, it only stays in turbo mode for 1 minute. But being so small, I guess it would overheat if turbo time was not limited.

I do like the low mode - decently bright and will run for a very long time. It also works well as a lantern when you throw a diffuser cap on top.

DSC_8045.jpg

Ugh... the flashlight bug bit again... I ordered a JetBeam EC-R26. With the currently available coupon code, it was significantly less than other similar lights.

http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_364583.html

I was looking for a very compact 18650 light that includes a built-in charger so that I don't have to carry a Li-Ion charger or spare batteries with me when going on longer trips. This R26 isn't as small as DQG Tiny obviously, but still very small compared to my Anker LC90 with built-in charger.

20160530180355_97370.jpg

Back