Longest lasting finish (wax, polish, sealant)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if I just want to protect the paint for the longest time, and can settle for less than a perfect shine, is Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze the way to go? Can it go right on paint?

Actually I was reading about Klasse and it was on top in one review.

My current vehicles are much newer than my Jeep. So at this point I do not need need a cleaner/wax or sealant.

Never tested for longest lasting...but NuFinish has been good for Durango I flat tow behind our motorhome. However, don't like the fact it can stain plastics, etc. Darn stuff smells potent and the Durango gets a lot of highway [censored] being towed behind motorhome. One product I tried from here (was recommended)...Sonax Polymer Net Shield. Hope that helps. Take care Donald.

Last edited:
The Soft 99 Fusso I applied last August still lasts... that's 8 months and 15.000km now, inculding a south german winter with loads of salt.

See my blog:
https://turboseize.wordpress.com/2017/03/12/turboseize-testet-soft-99-fusso-fukupika/

Text ist german, but google/bing translator might help, and the pictures and videos should be multilingual.
cool.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mbacfp
Never tested for longest lasting...but NuFinish has been good for Durango I flat tow behind our motorhome. However, don't like the fact it can stain plastics, etc. Darn stuff smells potent and the Durango gets a lot of highway [censored] being towed behind motorhome. One product I tried from here (was recommended)...Sonax Polymer Net Shield. Hope that helps. Take care Donald.

NuFinish is a cleaner sealant. So I would look to avoid that for newer vehicles. NuFinish is a real PIA on black/gray vinyl trim.

Originally Posted By: ChrisD46
How does the #875 liquid and #476 formulas from Collinite differ ?
Originally Posted By: BHopkins
Collinite 476. If you are looking for the longest lasting, great shine available, don't waste your time or money on any other wax.

https://www.amazon.com/Collinite-476-Sup...4MZ5S1E4FXBQZ07

This is how Colonite explains the difference.

First, on Amazon, Colonite provides this description of 476: "The Double-Coat Paste Wax is proclaimed by many to be the most durable paste wax on the market. It has the paste form of the Insulator Wax, but contains a particularly high concentration of both #1 grade Brazilian carnauba wax and synthetic waxes."

And from the Colonite website, this is how they define 845: "A user-friendlier version of the No. 476s paste, No. 845 stands as Collinite’s most legendary product to date."

The 845 is a great wax, but most who have used them will tell you that the 476 is loner lasting. I don't think anyone would be disappointed with either. That is, ease of application is more important than quality of shine, long lasting shine, or water repellent qualities. I guess one other down side is if one prefers a cleaner wax.

I've been happy with Klasse AIO for "sealant". I've been trying out Griot's 3-in-1 Cleaner Wax(not their Best of Show wax) and it seems like it's lasting more than a month outside on my old car. I'll use it in a few weeks on the new car.

I've been happy with the performance/value ratio of NuFinish.

That said, I HATE getting it on black trim and not noticing...hassle to remove.

Liquid Glass Polish. Been using it for 35 years with amazing results. Use Liquid Glass Protectant on the black plastic first. Nothing will stick to it.

Some great recommendations! By not suggesting you spend more money, I would certainly apply High Gloss Sealant, because some protection is better than none. Create a sacrificial barrier to the elements with something...if that is all you have on hand, use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back