Who's Going To Watch Las Vegas With Me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the Xfinity race yesterday, and there were some pretty exciting moments and some good racing. I enjoyed chatting about Atlanta last week, so who's watching Las Vegas with me?

I will be watching with my mom this afternoon. Not sure how much I can get online.

Not to throw cold water on having a thread here, but you also might check out the reddit threads for each race.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NASCAR/

These guys will toss up a "race thread" not long before the race begins and get hundreds of responses. I will keep this in the background during the race and press F5 to refresh to see what people are saying.

Here's an example from last week: https://www.reddit.com/r/NASCAR/comments/5xobz9/race_thread_mencs_folds_of_honor_quiktrip_500_at/

Enjoy the race!

I will be and really like seeing the speed with all the young gun's up and coming weeks could really get interesting I think EJ gets the first win out of all of them.

I highly respect Johnson's talent and accomplishments, but dang if it isn't disappointing to watch 400-500 miles of racing just for him(or Lagano) take the checkered flag. I mean, all he needs to do is run for president and win and he'll have won everything known to man.

Tough break for Harvick. It was a brave call to leave JoLo out and it obviously backfired massively. Going for Ryan Blaney or Kyle Larson. Hard to pick a new driver to go for since Smoke retired.

O and Grid Girls...
20.gif

Luckily Stewart is still up in the middle of things. I miss him too. I like the fact that he would speak his mind and was a bear to race against.

Happy that Harvick is ok and glad he ripped on the medical response. I am absolutely disgusted in NASCAR for not having a safety team like IndyCar has. All of their reasons are pure bovine excrement. It is absolutely inexcusable that a series like NASCAR does not have a professional traveling safety team in addition to whatever the track supplies. The France family has the money to buy 4-8 trucks and hire paramedics and firemen that are about to retire from the military to staff them. I can guarantee they can get a hold of Dr Steve Olvey or Dr Terry Trammell to help organize the team and get a qualified full time neurosurgeon an orthopedic surgeon at every event.

Originally Posted By: Red91
You know some of these hits on the safer barrier would have been career enders even ten years ago, including that one. Glad he's OK.

O absolutely, IndyCar did an amazing job developing the SAFER barrier. Also requiring a HANS device and the awesome seats used in NASCAR help a ton. I have seen the IndyCar safety crew in action and they are incredible. Unfortunately I have seen them in action at Vegas where a driver did not survive. But more than once you see the truck pull up to a crashed car before the car has stopped moving. They are even better than F1 in that regard.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tony Stewart took it upon himself to build a safety team. What do you want to bet Harvick gets fined for saying that like Stewart did last year for dissing the 3 lug nut rule?

Originally Posted By: Warstud
Harvicks Out.
happy2.gif

ya makes my day couldn't happen to a better guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back