Eagle One All Wheel and Tire Cleaner {PICS}

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have used this product in the past with great results. I purchased it because the Pirellis on my Honda had a brownish tinge to them that I wanted gone. The tires only have around 5K miles on them so I am surprised they already had that brown hue that older tires can get, especially since these tires get washed with the rest of the car on a weekly basis.

Its pretty neat to see the dirt and grime ooze out of the tire when this product is sprayed on. The process is very simple, just spray on then wait for 30 seconds, agitate with wheel and tire brush and wait another 30 seconds then rinse off. After rinsing off the tires they had a like new finish again, however as they tires started to dry I noticed there were brown patches reappearing and they look even worse than before. Maybe the rubber is contaminated on a deeper level and the gunk was rising to the surface? I don't know. I should have taken a picture of the tires after they dried to show you.

After rinsing and cleaning with regular car wash shampoo to remove any residue, I topped the wheels with Optum Opti-Seal since I am sure the Eagle One stripped away the previous application.

Here are some pics of the foam in action...

Yes, I agree good stuff and about the only product from that company I like. Reasonably priced and easily found. Do you clean the engine bay as well?

It is the best tire cleaner only one I use. The tire shine gel and applicator pads are all I use as well.

Originally Posted By: JBinTX30
It is the best tire cleaner only one I use. The tire shine gel and applicator pads are all I use as well.

I have to be in the right mood to apply tire gel lol. Sometimes I think it looks nice, most times it comes off at cheesy. Not to mention everything sticks to the sidewall.

I don't like them usually, but this is the best one I have used that you don't have to buy online. It isn't sticky dry and lasts for weeks.

Here is an after pic. Looks worse than before. Maybe I'll do another application next week.

Thanks for the after pic. The rim is nice and clean. That brown stuff on the tire doesn't look nice. Did you use a brush to clean the tire itself?

I'd just apply a mild tire dressing and call it a day.

But the next time you wash your car, repeat the process. Or better yet, have a wheel nice day! Just do the wheels and tires in, say, two weeks-if you normally do a full wash every month.

Sometimes these things are a process and you cannot get it all in one go-especially without professional equipment or restoration techniques.

I start with a very stiff bristle brush and Ajax dish soap to get most of it off. Rinse, let dry, then hit it with the cleaner. I believe it is brake dust that gets cooked onto the tire and just needs a little help to get it off.

I use Zep Citrus cleaner on my tires and wheels, works great, probably would get rid of the brown stuff. Learned about it on autogeek.

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
I'd just apply a mild tire dressing and call it a day.

But the next time you wash your car, repeat the process. Or better yet, have a wheel nice day! Just do the wheels and tires in, say, two weeks-if you normally do a full wash every month.

Sometimes these things are a process and you cannot get it all in one go-especially without professional equipment or restoration techniques.

Monthly? Try every week. I may be OCD.

These tires do have a bit of a brown to them. Here's a picture of the Pirelli P7s on the VW that's been sitting in my garage for 3 months. I can't even remember the last time the car was washed. 5-6 months ago? They're not quite as brown as yours though. Date code (4815).

10xwopu.jpg

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
These tires do have a bit of a brown to them. Here's a picture of the Pirelli P7s on the VW that's been sitting in my garage for 3 months. I can't even remember the last time the car was washed. 5-6 months ago? They're not quite as brown as yours though. Date code (4815).

10xwopu.jpg

This is what they looked like before cleaning. Its almost like the cleaner drew up more of the brown crud to the surface.

Some Stoners Tarminator will take the brown right off the tires. It's what Detailer's Domain uses during their details which are ultra pricy.

Be careful what tire shine is used since most of the cheap ones turn tires brown after the shine wears off.

I usually resort to using Bleche-wite for brown stained tires, along with the stiffest brush I have. Although since Black Magic bought out Wesley's, its gone downhill. I've resorted to Meguiars D140 Wheel Brightener, but it's an acid, so you gotta be super careful. I use the non-acid version for daily cleaning. I know I've encountered a couple tires that had an oily mess of a dressing only mineral spirits would take off. Even that it was still slightly present. Fought that with my truck and GTI.

The brown stuff is cheap tire shine products. You either clean it all off and use a better product or just reapply more over top to hide the brown. It's not the tire - its the protectant.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
The brown stuff is cheap tire shine products. You either clean it all off and use a better product or just reapply more over top to hide the brown. It's not the tire - its the protectant.
It is not cheap tire shine protectant. The VW in the picture I posted above has never been washed by anyone except me, and I've never used tire shine. Or wheel cleaner for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back