ServicePro Euro Synthetic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like ServicePro has 5w40 and 0w40 "Euro" oils claiming to be "suitable for use in the following tests and requirements":

"ACEA A3/B4, BMW Longlife-01, Mercedes-Benz MB 229.3, 229.5, Porsche A40, Renault
RN0710, RN0700, Volkswagen VW 502 00, and Volkswagen VW 505 00. "

Per http://www.service-pro.com/lubricants.html and
http://www.service-pro.com/documents/WarrenSpecs/WA-FullSyn0W-40.pdf

The URL seems to indicate this is made by Warren (which one, I don't know). Has anyone used this? I searched the VOA and UOAs and found nothing. The local oil distributors all sell it in 6 gallon party packs. My E550's 273 engine wants almost two gallons per fill, so that would be very convenient indeed.

That PDS doesn't show a whole lot.

Is the cost significantly less than $20/gallon? If not, I personally wouldn't bother with it and would just use Castrol 0w-40 that actually meets all these MFG specs.

Why bother with no name oil? Mobil has a $12 rebate on a 5 quart jug and it's around $25 for a 5 quart jug at Walmart. I think you can get it for around $33 at PepBoys with a Mobil 1 filter which has a $15 rebate. There's a limit of 2 five quart jugs and they typically run this rebate again in the fall.

Originally Posted By: daman
"suitable for use in the following tests and requirements"

Run..

Which is why I made sure it was in the post. It's not cheaper than Wal-Mart oils with a $10 rebate per 5qt, for sure, most distributor pricing is slightly higher than WM for everything. Amazing.

Originally Posted By: homeyclaus
Originally Posted By: daman
"suitable for use in the following tests and requirements"

Run..

Which is why I made sure it was in the post. It's not cheaper than Wal-Mart oils with a $10 rebate per 5qt, for sure, most distributor pricing is slightly higher than WM for everything. Amazing.

Right,,

I doesn't even say "approved by" or "meets specs" just "suitable" lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back