Amsoil signature series 0w-20 11,000 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can probably go further...take it to 12k and get a TAN next time.

Looks like the universal averages got cut off....and also Blackstone didn't way what mileage the universal averages were based. Any chance you can hit them up for these numbers?

welcome2.gif

Is 11k the OCI suggested by the minder?

Originally Posted By: RichardS
excuse my ignorance, this is their 25k mile oil?

Yup, Signature Series has 25k potential.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
welcome2.gif

Is 11k the OCI suggested by the minder?

The minder called for service around 10,400 miles i believe.

Originally Posted By: Kuato
Can probably go further...take it to 12k and get a TAN next time.

Looks like the universal averages got cut off....and also Blackstone didn't way what mileage the universal averages were based. Any chance you can hit them up for these numbers?

I can post a picture later with the universal averages.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Looks good, I'd push it to 15k. The only concern is fuel but that could be from a not fully-featured warmed up sample or short trips

I didnt have the longest drive on it that day before taking the sample. Next time ill try to get a sample after driving home from work so it can burn off the fuel

Originally Posted By: RichardS
excuse my ignorance, this is their 25k mile oil?

Yup, Signature Series has 25k potential.

Thanks, Kuato!

It's thinned,wear is up,and it's started to burn the oil....so 10,000 looks best.

Only your own trend analysis will inform you if the engine is doing well or wear is increasing. Two samples just not enough and different intervals. Other that multiple samples UOA is pretty useless IMO . Now if you want to really have great wear numbers just change the oil every 1000 miles. You increased the OCI and wear numbers went up as expected, question is due to wear or just a longer OCI. Probably never know, too many variables which is why, IMO, UOA is a waste of money. I threw a ton away on these years ago, now, who cares, other than coolant leaks etc not much one can do about a bad UOA report etc worry about it. Good for discussions though.

Personally I would run a 30 weight oil, viscosity wise you will end up on the upper end of a 20wt or a light 30wt. Wear numbers "may" improve as well.

Originally Posted By: Swifty
Personally I would run a 30 weight oil, viscosity wise you will end up on the upper end of a 20wt or a light 30wt. Wear numbers "may" improve as well.

After looking at the report again, I agree...a 30 weight oil might do much better.

Originally Posted By: Swifty

After looking at the report again, I agree...a 30 weight oil might do much better.

Yes. I'd try their SSO 0W30 and compare.

Those are almost always around 6,000 miles or so. This 18 ppm iron wear isn't awful for 11k miles, but not great in a Honda engine.

I'm blaming the 0.3 insolubles figure for the slightly elevated iron wear. Try a Fram Ultra oil filter, or MicroGreen and get that number down. Maybe a magnetic drain plug would keep cascading iron wear down too.

Good report, 7 AL - 18 FE at 11k is nothing. Go to 15k if you want, just keep it topped off. Likely the winter run is the hardest & a summer run would look better.

A STELLAR UOA report even considering Toyotas usually do well. FWIW I spotted the bypass filters in your sig, many did not notice as they were in such a rush to hit the keyboard.

fade out >........as the M-1 fan club walks back to the bleachers, heads down, they begin to pace....waiting for another chance to extol the virtues of this magical elixir.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back