Brad Penn Green Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone here have experience with both the old green Kendall and the current Brad Penn Penngrade1 oil? I believe I've posted this topic before but never had any takers.

Both of the old school mechanic/race tuners that I purchase the Penn oil from have told me that it is the same oil from the same refinery with a very robust additive package. They convinced me, I run the BP 20w-50 in my Evo Harley and BMW Boxer.

we sell it here at the speed shop, and use it in the flat tappet customer builds and go to oil for all dyno runs, excellent results. Highly recommend BP oils.

No Broc, everything I've been able to read about both green GT-1 and Penn is that they are not only similar, but basically the same. Difference being the Penn oil has slightly better base stocks and a bit more ZDDP.

What I've been able to find is Penn is the real Kendall. What we get now as Kendall is decent stuff, but all ARG needs to complete the affect is the name to reunite with the formula.

I'm curious as to whether these oils truly perform similarly, from the standpoint of someone who has experience with both.

Brad penn is made at old Kendall refinery and it's so so oil

I'll take Kendall semi Syn stuff as dad always used that in his gasser 55' and 56' Chevys

I made the switch to BradPenn after my big blocks race bearings came out looking like [censored] from
VR1.......It made a huge improvement over the VR junk..Now its all we use on all our race big blocks
To call it so so oil would be ignorant..

For those of you using it, what grade are you running?

You can see what I'm running by my sig, plus what its going in. Granted its not a high performance application, just a daily driver/work car, but I really like this oil.

I've put up ads here and on Craigslist wanted trying to buy more GT-1, but as of yet I've had no luck. So my contingency plan is to use Brad Penn as an alternative. 30w.

Kendall oil and BradPenn have been different oils for 20 years or so.
Until recently, Brad Penn oil was the branded oil from American Refining in Warren Pa. It is the infamous green oil, and highly revered for old school application like flat tapped engines. Recently, that marketing name was sold off and PennGrade is now a brand, but not necessarily being produced at American Refining.

Originally Posted By: paulswagelock
Kendall oil and BradPenn have been different oils for 20 years or so.
Until recently, Brad Penn oil was the branded oil from American Refining in Warren Pa. It is the infamous green oil, and highly revered for old school application like flat tapped engines. Recently, that marketing name was sold off a

nd PennGrade is now a brand, but not necessarily being produced at American Refining.

+1000

I'm well aware that modern Kendall and Brad Penn are different, I'm talking about the OLD Kendall. Brad Penn is still producing a green oil. I'm aware of a new Penn Grade oil, but that's not what I'm referring too.

My dad and my brother run the 10w40 variety in their duster drag cars. My dad's engine build swears by the stuff.

OK so if you Google "Brad Penn Official Website" what comes up is the new Penngrade brand's website, and the do indeed show a Penn Grade 1 product referred to as "The Original Green Oil". So.....what happened to Brad Penn?

Well Paul was correct, as Brad Penn was acquired by D-A Lubricants in 2015. Penn Grade 1 is advertised similarly to Brad Penn Penngrade1, even carrying on the "Original Green Oil" slogan. I wonder if the green oil is still being produced at the Bradford, Pennsylvania refinery?

Seriously guys....someone makes a post about something interesting, no one bats an eye. Someone makes the 500th post about Mobil 1 or 0W-20 for the week, everyone looses their mind.

Let's discuss this green magic.

35.gif
36.gif

Seriously?!

Yeah I want to talk about this oil. There are members here who use it and I want to talk about it. I've been trying to get a solid thread going for like six months and it keeps dead ending. That's the point of a discussion forum.

Originally Posted By: Red91
I've been trying to get a solid thread going for like six months and it keeps dead ending. That's the point of a discussion forum.

About this topic or some of the other topics that you started? You know the ones about the ladies and so forth.

This topic. Just so no one is confused, the topic of interest is the similarities between the old green GT-1 and Brad Penn.

Thus forth can we discuss that and might no one try to derail or lock the thread. I'll also add if you have nothing related and/or constructive to add to the discussion of the TOPIC, go somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back