What brand o2 sensor for an '06 Cobalt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think I need to replace the upstream o2 sensor in our Chevy Cobalt. Any acceptable brands other than AC Delco? Rockauto has Denso and Delphi a bit cheaper...

The Delco won't be bad. They have a bargain line for the aftermarket so it might not be the same as OE. Hard part to screw up though.

For GM vehicles I prefer Delphi if the AC delco isn't available, although NGK and DENSO are worthy alternatives I'm sure as well.

Just steer clear of Bosch, from my experience GM cars do not like Bosch O2 sensors

I've had excellent luck with Denso- and it seems that they are OE on many GM applications.

Denso, NTK or the Delco OE/Delphi rebox. Bosch's aftermarket sensors aren't close to what they supply as OE.

It wouldn't surprise me if the original sensor was an NTK or Denso unit. Anyway, I find that you can replace an NTK with a Denso without a problem, and you can replace a Denso with an NTK with no problem. However, replacing one of them with a Bosch sensor can lead to problems.

Thanks all, appreciate the feedback. Ended up finding the Delco sensor on Amazon via an warehouse deal for $5 to $10 more than a Walker or Delphi, and cheaper than everything else on RockAuto... just have to wait a while for it to come in now since I don't have Prime.

Originally Posted By: 99Saturn
Thanks all, appreciate the feedback. Ended up finding the Delco sensor on Amazon via an warehouse deal for $5 to $10 more than a Walker or Delphi, and cheaper than everything else on RockAuto... just have to wait a while for it to come in now since I don't have Prime.

That is good news.

Read the markings on the sensor carefully. You might discover that it was built by NTK or Denso and then labeled "Delco." In any case, I am sure it will solve the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back