1 Minute Gasket Maker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permatex

Why's it gotta be 1 minute ? Why not 10 minutes ?

That means I gotta rush real quick to line up the parts and assemble them before the stuff dries.
confused2.gif

If there is anything I hate to rush on it would be gaskets. They have to be perfect or else they leak.

Ford uses an RTV that you have to have the bolts tightened within 15 minutes of application or else you have to take it all back apart and reapply. This is on the timing covers on a lot of the newer V6 engines. Fortunately with most of them you have to pull the engine to do the timiing cover so access isn't an issue.

I have some of this. Its 1 minute after assembly you can refill and go. I think its more like 5 minutes you have to get it assembled. Was plenty of time on my diff. It was cold so I gave it 15 minutes and refilled.
Was nice not to have to wait the 24 hours you usually do for the regualr stuff to dry.

Bondo sets up pretty quick too! I'm still paddling it on and it starts getting sticky, not smooth & slimy. Give me time!

I find the fast stuff useful when some parts needed RTV and a rubber gasket like when doing valve covers on a Toyota. The half-moons on the back of the heads on Toyota DOHC's should be removed and resealed when replacing the valve cover gasket.
L7TB8se.jpg

It works well for quick slap-on things like diff covers. But I like traditional RTV better for most applications. Ultra-gray was my go to when I worked in a shop

I use the right stuff on diff covers that I have no gaskets for. It seems to work great .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back