Anyone Watching Atlanta?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching it and I agree the low downforce package is awesome. I think it is interesting how all the drivers want Atlanta to hold off on repaving.

Agreed, when they debuted this package at Darlington in '15 it was a big hit for everyone. I think they should run a surface for as long as the drivers want. Its really only a concern when the track starts coming up, and Atlanta looks fine, just abrasive.

It is funny how people want to keep an oval on old pavement for as long as possible but everyone cheers when a road course does a repave.

I am in favor of Texas repaving so that they can add proper drainage. The rain delays there are totally unacceptable.

My only gripe with the stages is the laps between the end of one stage and the beginning of the next should not count. You artificially lose 6-7 laps of green flag running per stage.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
My only gripe with the stages is the laps between the end of one stage and the beginning of the next should not count. You artificially lose 6-7 laps of green flag running per stage.

I agree totally, but with them worrying about how long the races take I doubt they will do this because of the time it would add.

Absolutely no reason to throw the yellow flag just award points and keep racing. Truth is its a [censored] system that's for lower level racing not for the highest level of racing.

I am not opposed to the whole stage thing, just think it is unnecessary to throw a caution. The green and white checkered flag should be all that is needed to end the stage. The safety/pace car can enter the track once all cars have taken the flag. I also think this is a good opportunity, especially at a track like Atlanta with high tire degradation, to send a sweeper train out against the wall to clean things up a bit.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
I am not opposed to the whole stage thing, just think it is unnecessary to throw a caution. The green and white checkered flag should be all that is needed to end the stage. The safety/pace car can enter the track once all cars have taken the flag. I also think this is a good opportunity, especially at a track like Atlanta with high tire degradation, to send a sweeper train out against the wall to clean things up a bit.
I like to know how you blow the track off if you are opposed to throwing the caution between segments I really like how you do this

Originally Posted By: Red91
OK guys there's one guess...whose everyone else's picks for the win?

Hopefully Elliott....He deserves it.

Originally Posted By: dave123
[/quote] I like to know how you blow the track off if you are opposed to throwing the caution between segments I really like how you do this

The field would be under control of the safety/pace car once all cars crossed the green-white checkered flag. Laps between that and the green flag would not count. There should not be a need to throw a yellow flag, the green-white checkered flag should be all that is necessary. Cross start-finish and have the drivers let off like they would at the end of the race.

Why stop the race in the first place make no sense and what can't pit under this unknown segment of non yeoow flag you sure you're not working for NASCAR that would be something they come up with.

Now I hear they get a trophy for winning the segments you gotta be kidding me unbelievable no not really with Brian running the show

Originally Posted By: Warstud
Originally Posted By: Red91
OK guys there's one guess...whose everyone else's picks for the win?

Hopefully Elliott....He deserves it.

Big Bill Elliot fan in his heyday, I like Chase but was disappointed in his childish behavior in Daytona losing.
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back