TriboTEX

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this little gem popped up in my facebook feed: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tri...ar-a?ref=bd06gw

I thought they made some pretty substantial claims with their product. Any ideas on what could be in it? I noted the line about "oil that's thicker in the transverse direction." - it makes me wonder if it's some sort of HTHS additive. I'd be tempted to grab a tube and send it in for analysis if it wasn't $75 a pop.

Discuss

Not much to discuss. They make claims, but we know nothing about whats in it. I can't find an sds or msds. Speculation.

Originally Posted By: spasm3
Not much to discuss. They make claims, but we know nothing about whats in it. I can't find an sds or msds. Speculation.

nanoparticles. small solids in dispersion

They are making the same claims that all other snake oil pushers make.

Well the comment section is certainly interesting.
Quote:
We've tested it in clutches (and motorcycles) and haven't seen any issues. We think it's because there isn't enough heat or friction inside of the clutch to attach much nano material to the surface of the friction plates in a wet clutch.

If a motorcycle clutch can't produce the amount of friction and heat needed to activate this catalyst here are going to be a lot of unaffected parts in a car.

The whole concept just seems so odd to me. Why are they doing a kickstarter when the have over a million dollars in grants already and all of those awards for the product? I would think investors would be lining up at the door if this stuff is the real deal.

Quote:
It’s like ceramic protective coatings used in some of high-performance engines, but it reduces friction 10X BETTER than engine oil alone. In engine tests we discovered that:

DLC coatings are specially processed coatings and are solid coatings. Invalid comparison. Notice the word, "like."

Quote:
...As a result, ellipticity decreases and compression increases. So engine "repair" itself as the TriboTEX coating goes to work...

Wait a minute and hold the presses: If an engine has some ellipticity in the cylinder geometry due to previous wear, this product will decrease this ellipticity and the engine magically repairs itself as you drive? This sounds similar to other products claiming to decrease or reverse wear, and we know this is physically impossible.

I have some Lakefront property in Yuma Az. I would like to sell you.

Lastly, what is this project support ("Pledge") junk I see on the right side of this ad?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back