Acura vs Honda Type 2 Premixed Blue Coolant

Status
Not open for further replies.
From everything i can see, these are exactly the same as you would expect as Honda puts same engine in Acuras and Hondas. Can anyone confirm they are identical? Thanks.

Yes, they are identical
smile.gif

But to save money, you can go to Napa or Autozone and get Pentofrost A3, which is the same coolant. Marked Made in Japan on the bottle.

For an even better option, go to Pep Boys and get Recochem OEM brand Blue. It's about $20 for a concentrate (the only concentrate available in the Honda blue type), and sometimes it goes on sale for even less, so it's by far the cheapest option. Made in Canada.
08.gif

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Yes, they are identical
smile.gif

But to save money, you can go to Napa or Autozone and get Pentofrost A3, which is the same coolant. Marked Made in Japan on the bottle.

For an even better option, go to Pep Boys and get Recochem OEM brand Blue. It's about $20 for a concentrate (the only concentrate available in the Honda blue type), and sometimes it goes on sale for even less, so it's by far the cheapest option. Made in Canada.
08.gif

Thanks. These modern cars use such a small amount of coolant I stick with OEM. Have read so much about various chemistries and what is compatible with what it makes my head hurt. We are talking two gallons in the first 10 years and then 2 gallaons every 5 years.

I did look at the A3 and it costs the same as OEM. Some joker on ebay is selling it for $32/gal. I wonder if there is one fool in the world who would buy it at that price?

Originally Posted By: artbuc
I did look at the A3 and it costs the same as OEM. Some joker on ebay is selling it for $32/gal. I wonder if there is one fool in the world who would buy it at that price?

Really- how about $60/gallon for the Porsche stuff? And they pay it...

Originally Posted By: artbuc

ordering it online from AAP with the promo codes makes it a good deal. Order it online, pick up in-store
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back