mgf SIL-EOL 100/150 air compressor !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
smile.gif

i have been looking lubricant oil for my workplace air compressor quite awhile,
the manual state "MGF OIL CHARACTERISTIC : synthetic oil viscosity 32".
But there are hardly in local market and oil supplier need extra effort to make order oversea with expensive price tag.
Is that possible that i can use motor synthetic oil with same viscosity 32 as for my air compressor?
confused.gif

Do you have non-detergent monograde motor oils there from manufactures you would trust? Here, on occasion, I use Castrol Non-Detergent SAE 30, for example. Does it really have to be synthetic? Maybe talking to an oil distributor or an oil company directly may help. Shell and Mobil also have options, but one never knows about availability and container size in your part of the world.

Thank for your comments. I am in zero sense about air compressor oil things. The new 2 months old air compressor already came with some oil in it and manual stated " synthetic oil VG 32 " so i assumed that's type of oil in the compressor. Of course will be better if i can use other type of oil instead of synthetic but i came across many of them mentioned about wrong doing of mix other type of oil such as mineral oil with synthetic oil will cause problem lately etc... well.. i still looking around in the local market, called up a few but nothing available on sale.
frown.gif
That's why i am thinking of using motor synthetic oil instead of compressor synthetic oil..

It's really hard to tell with these manufacturers. I have one compressor where the manual says motor oil on one page, 10w-30 Mobil 1 specifically, and the next page says non-detergent compressor oil. Usually, the big companies will have a synthetic compressor oil available, but at a high price. Some hardware stores will have some, too, but at a high price, and no indication if it's a synthetic or not. There don't tend to be a lot of synthetic, non-detergent monogrades out there, at least readily available on shelves. There's just no demand.

Is this a normal reciprocating compressor?

32 should be an iso grade

http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/compressor-oil/synthetic-compressor-oil-iso-32-sae-10w/

That would work but you need a smaller quantity.

iso 32 is similar to SAE 10 oil
iso 46 is close to sae 5w20
iso 68 = ~~30wt
iso 100 = 30 or 40wt

It sounds like an expensive compressor I'd probably keep it happy with the right stuff.

Unfortunately the smallest quantity I've found for you is 5gal pail or in one case 18liter.

They did sell some iso 46 in quarts.. might be ok if your operating environment is hot but Not an expert on that.

Is this a rotary or screw type compressor that would explain the thin oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back