GDI fuel system flush

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our trainer came into work today and brought us a new fuel system cleaner for GDI engines. Im the only one in the shop who has a GDI vehicle so we got to test it out on my Malibu. It's a pretty cool deal, it connects to to high pressure fuel pump on the back of the head and a vacuum line. The car runs only of the fuel system clean the whole process and never runs off the vehicles fuel. Car only has 23k so can't really tell the difference but still got the service for free.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: BobFout
How does that system clean the backside of the intake valves?

Basically you have a throttle depressor hold the gas pedal at about 2 Grand. And you have the vacuum of the car pulling the fuel system into the intake and the injectors at the same time to clean the intake valves and the Pistons. The fuel system is over once the car dies from sucking in the fuel system cleaning. Then you do an Italian tune-up on the vehicle afterwards.

That still dont explains how the back of the intake valves would be cleaned.
Direct Injection.....no fuel behind the intake valves.

The video is a little "over-optimistic" and misleading I think with the photos and insinuation of how well or how much it can clean in one treatment. However, I've seen several similar systems and I'm convinced they do work, but they probably work best if done on a regular schedule (every 10-15k I would guess) with proper engine maintenance (use of good oils, gas, regular changes, etc.). I still make port injection a priority consideration in a car purchase due to feeling that the cost/benefit just isn't there yet, for me at least. The day they get this inherent problem solved will be a great one for car owners that care; especially DIY'rs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back