Amsoil Advertising Reaching Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our local NAPA has a good selection of Amsoil; I get my PI and my GL4 there.

Will they ever distribute directly from factory to stores; probably not. Does it really matter?

Last edited:
They distribute from factory to stores right now, but only if the store has been established by a Dealer as a qualified retail or commercial site. AMSOIL will NOT just ship to any store that calls in and asks for it. It MUST go through a qualified Dealer first. Someone has to help that store with information, display, training of staff etc.

Originally Posted By: JetStar
I have seen it on the shelves at my local Rural King.

That's interesting, they have over 80 stores. I'm not sure about the ownership of the company though.

Originally Posted By: buster
I don't think Amsoil will ever be on store shelves.

I can leave my house tomorrow,and stop @ two different stores and pick up Amsoil.

I've seen in at stores, but they were small. Sorry I was referring to the larger chain stores.

There was a tiny speed shop in Hackensack, NJ called Coast Automotive. Their motto was "If we don't have it, you don't need it".
I do believe the patriarch passed away and the shop is now an Advance Auto Parts. They have an impressive selection of Amsoil products.
I wonder how Amsoil sells in the middle of Hackensack.

In their case I'd bet they had the room for 1/3 of a wall to be dedicated to boutique oil.
They also have a broad selection of commonly available oils and fluids-cheaper to premium.
They have a serious clientele-lots of auto repair shops in the neighborhood.

We have something similar here, a shop carrying Amsoil, but not so much a parts store. They do advertise on the radio, surprisingly, and we know that can be expensive. I haven't checked their offerings yet, but, contrary to many of the criticisms, there is a market for Amsoil. As long as the price is semi-sensible, there are people out there who will pay to avoid the Walmart experience.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Garak
We have something similar here, a shop carrying Amsoil, but not so much a parts store. They do advertise on the radio, surprisingly, and we know that can be expensive. I haven't checked their offerings yet, but, contrary to many of the criticisms, there is a market for Amsoil. As long as the price is semi-sensible, there are people out there who will pay to avoid the Walmart experience.
wink.gif

The key to avoiding the WMT experience is to avoid it. LOL I'm in WMT about 2 minutes after the doors open and out 5 minutes later. Or in the case of oil, I buy it online. Sadly my local WMT is where a person died during Black Friday a few years back. Shopping there can be hazardous to your health.

Now with $50 Mobil 1 coming to WMT, it might help boost Amsoil sales.

If our Walmarts started having some oil specials more regularly, I could see it going there. They're far too interested in selling groceries, though, lately. I mentioned in another thread that a local farm supply place sells a reasonable selection of Amsoil products. While they're not firesale prices by any stretch of the imagination, at least they're palatable. A jug of Amsoil HDEO is cheaper there than M1 TDT 5w-40 at any of the usual suspects up here.

same, i've seen a couple of bottles of signature series there. Didn't have the price listed under it though. My local Rural King is pretty bad at labeling the prices of their oils for some reason...

EDIT: I didn't even realize I quoted and replied to myself when I posted this reply. Anyways, the 5w30 is listed for $9.99 at RK now. Cheaper than you can get shipped from amsoil.com, even with their 25% off

my napa always has a good selection...but i dont know about training or advice on which to choose if someone went in there asking. they seem pretty oblivious as far as that goes.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Smoqueed

same, i've seen a couple of bottles of signature series there. Didn't have the price listed under it though. My local Rural King is pretty bad at labeling the prices of their oils for some reason...

Our local Rural King started having AMSOIL products a few years ago. At first, it was only a couple of products, the high zinc formula 10W-40 and the 2-cycle oil. Now, they still carry those, plus the Signature Series and motorcycle oil.
I was in the Rural King a couple of weeks ago, and while in the motor oil section, struck up a conversation with a gentleman there. He pointed to the AMSOIL motorcycle oil and said some of his buddies like to use that in their bikes. He shook his head and said, "That stuff is expensive!".

There were a couple of Oreilly's auto stores around town that stocked AMSOIL right next to the Mobil 1 a few years ago, I think they marketed it as a super premium synthetic. I was surprised because Oreilly's is a big chain auto store. I don't think it sold very well because after a while, it was taken off the shelf and was in the clearance rack. I was in two different stores, and they had it in the clearance section at the same time.

The funny thing is, I was looking at the Oreilly's website yesterday, and they still list AMSOIL on there. Looks like you can buy it on the Oreilly's website and have it shipped to you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back