Godyear Endurance trailer tires vs Kumho 857

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for two 14" tires, seems the Maxxis 8008, Kumho 857 are a good choice, but now I see GY has the Endurance with very little info. Seems to be a nice upgrade from the Marathon so I"m curious if anyone has used this tire yet?

I would like a radial with a load range D, I can use a C but the D offers more including peace of mind. Would be on a 5x10 trailer with a 3500lb axle, 2990 GWR.

Don't know about the GY. I do run the maxxis 8008's on my travel trailer. Its a dual axle with 13 inch wheels( no room for 14) weights about 5000 loaded. The maxxis have never failed me, second set on there now.

Originally Posted By: 4WD
So this is a notch above Marathon ST's ?

From what I'm hearing it's a much improved tire, jury is still out though.

Since the Endurance is so new, and the 857 isn't as readily avail, not to mention not in a 15" size, I ended up with the Maxxis 8008. Two 205/75/15 tires delivered for $174 is a good price.

Thanks for the tip on the UE-168 Ramblejam, I'll consider that in the future. The 8008 is definitely a tire that has a great reputation and I mainly wanted the 15" rim for future options so this works out great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back