Automotive tint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any suggestions on tint brands? I want to re-tint my MDX it has factory rears and a 30% front driver and passenger from the original owner. Last year I had the whole windshield tinted with Air 80 which I love. This year I want to go with 5% all the way except for the windshield. Lumar is used a lot here. I had 5% Cermic on my Accord which did a good job. Just want to cut down as much as I can on the heat from the summers plus for security reasons.

Lumar is an excellent choice and offers a lifetime warranty when professionally applied.

Thanks guys I went with Llumar Solar Ceramic 5% getting it tomorrow. Will take pictures before and after.

Ask about the IR blocking films. They do a MUCH better job of cutting down heat transmission than the older films. The cost could be double, but the amount of heat reduction is dramatically improved, plus, the film doesn't even need to be dark (unless you want it that way).

I put Llumar CTX 35 on the rear of the wagon and air blue 80 on the front windows.
Combined with a good window shade, the car stays so much cooler in the sun.

Highly recommend a quality ceramic tint like this.

The 35 blocks within 5% of the heat of 15% tint and within 10% of 5% tint http://w3.llumar.com/pdf/en/LLumarSpecsAutoDomestic.pdf
It also outperforms even the darkest dyed tint! Worth the price upgrade if you keep your vehicles long enough.

I did not want windows so dark, that seeing out is a hindrance. I do wish I went slightly darker at 30, though, as you can see in the rear cargo area depending on the light direction (most of the time you cannot and it might be obvious if you were trying).

thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back