Any personal experience with 2011 Acrua RDX Turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they reliable? Anything specific to watch out on a 100K specimen? These are NOT cheap but son really wants to buy one.

Have a proper man to man discussion with him;

Cars are very expensive, they're a big commitment etc etc, and then tell him you're broke and can't give him a penny for fuel or maintenance but that he's an adult and can spend his money however he wants. Also, tell him that if he buys tools you'll help him work on it.

See how his wants and needs change so quickly after you tell him this information.

Originally Posted By: Olas

Cars are very expensive, they're a big commitment etc etc, and then tell him you're broke and can't give him a penny for fuel or maintenance but that he's an adult and can spend his money however he wants. Also, tell him that if he buys tools you'll help him work on it.

See how his wants and needs change so quickly after you tell him this information.

That's great. Now how about staying on topic and providing your personal experience with a 2011 Acura RDX?

A good friend of mine but hers new and still has it five years later. Not sure about the mileage but she does a lot of trips and highway driving and she absolutely loves it. I sat in it a few times and it is very comfortable. I honestly did not see any ride comfort difference between it and the Honda CRV that it is based on. I personally would look at a newer CRV since that is very tried and tested and can be had for much cheaper.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: Olas

That's great. Now how about staying on topic and providing your personal experience with a 2011 Acura RDX?

Where did that come from?

I can tell you that Honda developed the HTO-06 spec for this particular engine, which suggests to me that you'd want to be careful about what oil you used in it.

The engine used in this one is NOT used anywhere else. So that is of some concern.

Looks like a Honda K engine with a turbo. I wouldn't be scared of it, but I would check availability of parts. Run a stout oil and it should be fine.

The turbo-4 should be much easier to work on than a transverse V6, so that is a definite plus!
smile.gif

It's basically a K series with a turbo (I'm simplifying that a bit). I'm not aware of any glaring reliability issues but turbo lag and fuel efficiency are both quite poor with this engine.

Ya, and with the turbo, it might *really* need it!

But most likely, it should be smart enough to retard the timing when it hears the knock while running on regular. If 1990 Eagle Talon Turbo can handle running on regular for half of its life, so should this RDX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back