Cashiers asking you to donate for ___ charity...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 4WD
Ours do not ask - but the little food bank coupons are right where you pay - pick $1, $5, $10, or none. I like it that way and pass them the $5 often ... verbal would be a bit more annoying ...

Self checkouts are asking for the donations, too. The regular checkouts do so on occasion. The self ones do it incessantly.

I love when they ask for my phone number for no apparent reason. I'll pay cash for something and they will ask if I have their savings/coupon/gimmick card. I'll say no and they ask if they can have my phone number. No. Why do you need my phone number? It's refreshing when I can go to a store, pay for what I want, and leave without being asked a million questions. I already get that at work I don't need it in the grocery store too and everywhere else I go.

I donate to select charities on occasion. But I cannot get sucked into throwing all my money at the endless charities out there. I look at it this way: Who the f*ck is going to give me money if I give it all away? Who is going to pay my bills? I realize I have become quite selfish as I age and am embracing it. I pay my taxes and the government should learn how to better manage it and then they can figure out where it needs to go.

I am pretty upset as I write this, I just spilled a large mug of coffee on the carpet. [censored] hands...

Most every time I see Girl Scout set-up I ask what there favorite cookies are and buy a box and hand it over to the little girl . It makes there day. I do sometimes add a buck at the stores checkout , but not real often. I figure I blow money on some stuff at times and hope this is getting put to good use. But like mentioned I think execs are overpaid in some charities and other business.

Anybody that asks me to donate to a Charity, I just tell them that I believe charitable donations should be anonymous.

I find that people that donate to Charity, and then make a big deal about announcing their 'generous gift', are doing so for self-aggrandizement.

Originally Posted By: Jimkobb
Most every time I see Girl Scout set-up I ask what there favorite cookies are and buy a box and hand it over to the little girl . It makes there day. I do sometimes add a buck at the stores checkout , but not real often. I figure I blow money on some stuff at times and hope this is getting put to good use. But like mentioned I think execs are overpaid in some charities and other business.

Do you ever ask them if they're made from real girl scouts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zCO4j4MrxE

A simple "No" will suffice.
When I want to donate money, I do so.
When I want to shop, that's what I do.
I don't care to be asked to pony up funds when shopping.

Originally Posted By: 02SE
Anybody that asks me to donate to a Charity, I just tell them that I believe charitable donations should be anonymous.

I find that people that donate to Charity, and then make a big deal about announcing their 'generous gift', are doing so for self-aggrandizement.

I don't believe the money will actually go to the charity.

Originally Posted By: spasm3
Worse is walking out of a store and being surrounded by girl scout cookie sellers.

A lot of boy/girl scout troops, school fund raisers set up right at the entrance to stores around here. Not a huge fan of it TBH. They chase you in and chase you out. I donate to different organizations, sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back