The smell of leather seats makes me sick

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are actually a vegetarian and didn't realize it? LOL!
wink.gif

Haven't really noticed a smell.

The only car that had a smell was my 2004 VW with leather seats. But it was the horse hair inside the seats that smelled. Not a bad smell, just strange. Smelled exactly like Crayons.

I absolutely love the smell of leather interior. My car's interior smells like walking into a leather shop. The stuffy cloth interior smell is one that I cant stand,plus cloth absorbs every smell and odor that comes anywhere near it. Every car I've owned has had leather.

Originally Posted By: clinebarger
I love the smell of leather! What do you do in a Boot store......Pass out?

LOL!!!!
grin.gif

I do too. Though I've had leather interiors that didn't smell much like leather due to all the treatment and coatings
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Haven't really noticed a smell.

The only car that had a smell was my 2004 VW with leather seats. But it was the horse hair inside the seats that smelled. Not a bad smell, just strange. Smelled exactly like Crayons.

Lmao, we had a 2001 Jetta. Smelled like crayons on a hot summer day. Although we never had leather seats.

Now that I think o it it's really only my brothers car, the other guys aren't really that bad. Maybe he has some kind of synthetic fake leather in his car?

I think its a chemical treatment..but I know what you mean. Im in the middle on leather seats, the look nicer but cold and hot arent ideal compared to cloth...but wipe clean is nice..mixed bag..but ive never had issues in cloth seated cars

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
My family always has cars with leather seats and the smell just makes me sick. Why is this?

You're meant to have fabric seats!

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
Now that I think o it it's really only my brothers car, the other guys aren't really that bad. Maybe he has some kind of synthetic fake leather in his car?

On many Mercedes cars they have MB-tex which is really a vinyl that looks like leather. It's like an extra $1000+ for real leather. It's always funny when people complain about it because they expect real leather in a car that expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back