New Lucas Oil Stabilizer High Mileage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucas info

Any information on this product?
zz_High-Mileage-Oil-Stabilizer.jpg

The last voa i saw, it was just heavy oil, no additives. It dilutes you add pack and makes your motor oil weaker inregards to zinc, detergents etc.

I won't let a bottle within 50 feet of any of my engines. It turns your oil into a thick weak add pack oil.

I fact, no matter what it is, if has lucas on the label, I don't let it near my engines.

Last edited:
It lubricates ALL internal parts to minimize wear in ANY engine. Glad they got that taken care of.

I've not seen ANYONE provide ANY evidence from the oil companies that Lucas in any way degrades the performance of their engine oils.

In the absence of such evidence from the major oil companies, one must therefore conclude that their claims are valid, and for people who need the log of claims presented on the advertisements.

(as an aside, how on earth can lack of oil pressure cause drivability problems, except in that couple of seconds prior to seizure)

Wasn't this forum founded to attack Lucas in the first place?
I believe I read that in an online search.

I don't doubt that Lucas would push that barrow...one of the early videos on the site was of Lucas in a small metal gearbox, turned at speeds greater than the average punter at a parts counter could generate, and it was a frothy mess...

Originally Posted By: Shannow
I've not seen ANYONE provide ANY evidence from the oil companies that Lucas in any way degrades the performance of their engine oils.

In the absence of such evidence from the major oil companies, one must therefore conclude that their claims are valid, and for people who need the log of claims presented on the advertisements.

I can't tell if you're joking?

Originally Posted By: Shannow
I've not seen ANYONE provide ANY evidence from the oil companies that Lucas in any way degrades improves the performance of their engine oils.

(as an aside, how on earth can lack of oil pressure cause drivability problems, except in that couple of seconds prior to seizure)

Fixed it.

They have some very good professional racing oils and products, but it appears the average joe marketed additive stuff is petro byproducts with no where to go but to be burnt or dumped and no proven function. I Have some Lucas fuel additive that I tried, but I prefer ND SAE 30 ACCEL for that.

It ( the Lucas product) does smell and taste good though.

Yes I did!
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Eddie
Buy LUCAS products because they sponsor Drag Strip racing which I watch. Ed

That is Lucas' MO. An engineer from one of the major oil companies told me that Lucas spends so much money supporting racing (a good thing) that they don't have enough money left to actually develop and produce quality products.

I have a local parts place where I live and the carry the Lucas line.
I have never seen any of it move off the shelf in many years....??????

If their Oil Stabilizer did not sell to someone out there the product would disappear. If it works or not it still sells to someone. It's just marketing. It's all explained in the movie, "The Jerk". It's a profit deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back